• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Walmart

Dave Drane

Dave I was in Colorado and sellinjg Yellowtail for half the price as Aus... WTF

Cheers - G

America does not put tax on alcohol the way they do here Greg. We buy Bacardi etc. by the gallon when we visit the U.S. The Yellowtail was $15aud for 1.5/ltr. at Walmart

Farmboy

My bank has a branch in walmart and a subway. They are close to my shop so they get my business. When it's time for real grocery shopping (which I actually like) I head to Wegmans. If you don't have one of these near you your missing out :)

Craig Sjoquist

Got one of those a mile away and 2 others 6 miles away and a bunch more around the city if ya like cheap junk that's the place. sure some things ya can get a ok deal, but now days it is how far ya drive if ya do. like I used to buy dog food same price Walmart or Publix most other stuff I buy I'll get at flea market or dollar stores types.

OldPaint

Got one of those a mile away and 2 others 6 miles away and a bunch more around the city if ya like cheap junk that's the place. sure some things ya can get a ok deal, but now days it is how far ya drive if ya do. like I used to buy dog food same price Walmart or Publix most other stuff I buy I'll get at flea market or dollar stores types.

cheap junk? when its the SAME BRAND NAME for buck or 2 less then PUBLIX/WINN DIXIE??? i will agree some things they sell is crap, BUT i also shop at HARBOR FREIGHT.......there you have to know which is the cheap junk. i will not buy anything HARBOR FREIGHT sells as electric power tools!!!!!! but drill bits, sanding grinding disc, AA batteries......you cant find less expensive. we also have a TRACTOR SUPPLY here...........for those hard to find things, if you have a small farm or tractor.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Don't like Walmart, move here.
Closest US store is about 4,000 miles away (Hawaii).
1600 miles if you want to pay in yen.

wayne k
guam usa

crewchief97

Local Mom & Pop for me don't care if Wally World is cheaper. You don't know one of these days they might start doing signs!!:wavingflag:

Locals Find!

I love the walmart market. Not only is it less than a block from my house. So I don't have to drive if I don't feel like it. They accept all competitors coupons. Even from outside the state. They do this at all their stores not just in my area.

I recently saved over $100 on groceries due to that fact. If you don't mind clipping some ads and doing a little internet searching it really adds up. For that kinda savings I can deal with the dirty aisles and soccermoms with 8 screaming kids any day. The fruits and veggies are also better quality than publix. I only go to publix or GFS for meats, chicken & fish.

HulkSmash

I love the walmart market. Not only is it less than a block from my house. So I don't have to drive if I don't feel like it. They accept all competitors coupons. Even from outside the state. They do this at all their stores not just in my area.

I recently saved over $100 on groceries due to that fact. If you don't mind clipping some ads and doing a little internet searching it really adds up. For that kinda savings I can deal with the dirty aisles and soccermoms with 8 screaming kids any day. The fruits and veggies are also better quality than publix. I only go to publix or GFS for meats, chicken & fish.

I was looking at the whole coupon thing.. but

My time > Groceries coupons.

Spend 4 hrs cutting, save 1 60 bucks.

Locals Find!

I was looking at the whole coupon thing.. but

My time > Groceries coupons.

Spend 4 hrs cutting, save 1 60 bucks.

That is where your looking at it all wrong. Find the time in your week that your sitting doing something mindless like enjoying a cup of coffee or watching mindless TV while waiting for the game to come on. Or even scrolling through signs101 posts.

Look at it how I do. Spend 4 hours clipping save $100 be able to take wife out without children once a month or, 480 hours getting a divorce at a cost of $10,000 and half of everything thats left. Was a no brainer in my world.

GoodPeopleFlags

I'm an avid couponer and I avoid Walmart as much as possible and still get good deals. Kroger doubles coupons! I'm also a fan of the Dollar Store. I heard recently that Walmart is going to start opening mini-walmarts. I assume to compete with Dollar Stores. Dollar Stores are one of the fastest growing franchises in the country.

Marlene

I belong to Sam's Club and Costco. of the two, Sam's is hands down the best place to shop. I don't feel bad at all for not shopping for most of my stuff there instead of the Hannaford's or Price Chopper and I am out to spend my money wisely and it seems foolish to pay more for the same item.

WildWestDesigns

Sam's if I recall correctly is an offshoot of Walmart, so I would consider them the same. As far as coupons go, Harris Teeter is the best. They triple them.

Marlene

Sam's if I recall correctly is an offshoot of Walmart, so I would consider them the same

it is that's why I brought it up as I shop there which is a Walmartish place to shop. I don't shop at Walmart as I get what I need cheaper next door at the "club". I just think that we need to look out for local business but we also need to spend our money the best way we can. why would I pay more for an item, that still was made in China, at another store? I support real local business, drive American made cars so I don't feel bad throwing Walmart/Sam's money for what I need.

Signs 365

Sams club is owned by the Walton Family (Sam Walton...the foudner of Walmart Hence Sams Club). Much like Walmart Sams Club pays low wages and treats their employees poorly. My fiance works at Costco and her cousin works at Sams Club....the difference in their starting pay was $4 and the work environment at Sams is awful compared to Costco....they are almost right next door to eachother too. I have a free membership at both because of family ties....I will not shop at Sams.

WildWestDesigns

Sams club is owned by the Walton Family (Sam Walton...the foudner of Walmart Hence Sams Club). Much like Walmart Sams Club pays low wages and treats their employees poorly. My fiance works at Costco and her cousin works at Sams Club....the difference in their starting pay was $4 and the work environment at Sams is awful compared to Costco....they are almost right next door to eachother too. I have a free membership at both because of family ties....I will not shop at Sams.

The wife has worked at walmart and kroger during her time at college and both treated her extremely bad. Now her accounting job is a helluva lot better then those places.

I just never feel welcomed there either, I'm ont a fan of shopping in general anyway and I sure don't want to go to a place were I feel unwelcomed.

OldPaint

i love it. you complain about working conditions and pay scale at wal mart.............but ill bet dollars to dog-nuts.......YOU ARE ALL FOR ELIMINATION OF UNIONS)))))) cant have it both ways. iam from PA. my grandfather was involved in the CREATION OF COAL MINERS UNIONS in the begining of the 1900's. i belonged to a couple unions & i have lived in florida since 1981, and its a right to work state. NO UNIONS!!!! wal mart to me is the new "company store." you need to know how the coal companies treated their workers BEFORE UNIONS. how the coal co. created their own currency to pay their workers. how same company owned the "general store," where they let you buy what you needed, food, clothes & alcohol, then the next payday they deducted it from your pay. what you didnt use up they gave COMPANY CURRENCY.......which was useless anywhere other then the "company store."
WAL MART is as close to that, as meager laws that protect workers from that.
people who work there, shop there. they get a discount on any purchases.