• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Want opinions on banner design

SignManiac

So I received an order for 500 banners for a customer in Malaysia, and I've worked up a design and could use some feedback. They wanted something bold so I thought bright colors would really get the message across. I'm not sure about the cursive lettering though. Any suggestions are welcome.

Attachments

• Revend carter.jpg
    Revend carter.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 105

signguy 55

Looks great, but I think I would use some brighter colors and maybe Old English all caps. Unfortunately I've seen some stuff that is just about equal to this, and I guess somebody got paid for it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'd say you hit it on your first try. Bravo !! By the way, what language is that ??

Ya know, now that I think about t, I think you need a decorative type style in there somewhere to break up the monotony...... or maybe a graphic of some sort.

SignManiac

That's really well done Bill. Normally I can do okay with a layout like this but it must be a Friday issue. Do others get the writers block too?

TimToad

I suggest you either kick up your spam filters, drink more, drink less or develop a level of misanthropy that helps you not care if kids starve.

We got the very official looking one from the "Euro-Lottery" yesterday, but was appalled at how bad the grammar and spelling was.

SignManiac

No I'm sure this is legit. I gave them my bank routing number for the deposit and they are in the process of sending me payment. This isn't the shipping scam that goes around. They're letting me use my own shipping company.

DIGIXTRA

Digixtra
So I received an order for 500 banners for a customer in Malaysia, and I've worked up a design and could use some feedback. They wanted something bold so I thought bright colors would really get the message across. I'm not sure about the cursive lettering though. Any suggestions are welcome.
I'm sorry, but this design break all the rules in this trade:
a/ Artistically.. Curvy letters and capital should not mixed together. The design does not have any contrast. If you just change any line of text to white it would look better. A mix of upper and lower case without a good reason. Usually people use upper case word in a line of lowercase text to call out loud the idea...
b/ Production wise.. is not good either. Your 100% ink cover will kill your profit. One of is OK but 500 banners will eat it up.
My 2 cents

nikdoobs

I'm sorry, but this design break all the rules in this trade:
a/ Artistically.. Curvy letters and capital should not mixed together. The design does not have any contrast. If you just change any line of text to white it would look better. A mix of upper and lower case without a good reason. Usually people use upper case word in a line of lowercase text to call out loud the idea...
b/ Production wise.. is not good either. Your 100% ink cover will kill your profit. One of is OK but 500 banners will eat it up.
My 2 cents

Well you got one to bite.

Bretbyron

Urgent Order!!!

I don't have time for this one. Maybe one of you want to pick it up.

Urgent Order!!!

Attention (Sales Department),

We would like to request for a quote on street banners which below is the details.
Description of banner

Side: 1 sided banner
Size: 24"x 62"
Material of banner...Vinyl
pole.............No
grommets.........No
Grommets hole ....... 4 holes, one at each corner
Design..............."Champion Expo & Car Show" "coming soon"
Color................2 colors Blue & White
Sample...............2 different design of the banner
Quantity.............150pieces

A quote is required and if you don't have vinyl material quote on the suitable material you do have. We awaits a sample proof of the design, forms of payment, and how long it will take to get the banners ready?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Rev Bob Cann

WE AWAITS A SAMPLE!!!
:thumb: Champion Expo?!?

TimToad

I am going to launch the Institute of Grammar and Spelling for Nefarious Spam and Online Scammers.

We'll be based in the Cayman Islands, so I won't have to pay any taxes on the billions I'll earn teaching these bozos how to sharpen up their presentations enough to keep bilking people.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I usually love your layouts SM but this one is a little hard to read.
I think you need to put all the text in an arch.
Maybe the top two lines in a tight positive arch and the bottom one reversed.

wayne k
guam usa