• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Want some FREE

Shovelhead

I stand corrected..............

a few bottles bottles of wine tonight and I'll have all of
the background downloaded.

Geary

Sounds Good!

I think I'll have a bottle of my White Zin tonight while playing drums to old 60s and 70s cover tunes! :wink: :thankyou:

:wine-smi: PARTY TONIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wine-smi:

~Gear

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Geary said:
I think I'll have a bottle of my White Zin tonight while playing drums to old 60s and 70s cover tunes! :wink: :thankyou:

~Gear

White Zinfandel.....:rolleyes:
I pictured you as a Coors man....:beer

Geary

C'mon over. Actually, you can see us play at "The Irwin Street Inn". 7:00 til 11:00. No cover, just buy something to eat and drink!!!! :wink:

~Gear

GB2

Old Member
Am I missing something....does anyone have an explanation for the two files in each zip folder?

Shovelhead

Sorry Tech..........

wasn't aimed at you..........just look "pirated" from the added graphics.
I'm having a glass of Merlot now from Australia.
:wine-smi:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
GB2 said:
Am I missing something....does anyone have an explanation for the two files in each zip folder?

The grayscale image is used for bump or displacement mapping when these are used as shaders in 3d programs like XSI, Maya, 3dMax etc..
Adds depth to the surface it is applied on when rendered.

wayne k
guam usa

skyhigh

Really Cool! .............I wonder what the catch is??

Well its been 5 months since Tech posted this freebie site. Unless I'm missing something, I still don't see any advertisers on their page. (I guess that is how they are supposedly paying for the site).

I guess I'm just a skeptic (paranoid) when it comes to something like this, especially when there is no "contact" info posted on the site and all the designers sport foreign names.

Any "downloaders" notice "computer" problems since using this site??? Viruses, worms, hacks, fungus's ect.....

An easy fix would be NOT to download from this site....but it does look like some cool stuff. I would like to hear FRED'S take on this.... are you listening Fred???

IS IT SAFE????

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
My take on it was as presented by the site owners. That being they want traffic to their site for other things they do. At 25 downloads a day max that's a lot of traffic ... some of whom may like what they get enough to consider whatever else the site owners are selling. In addition, they have 5 Google Ads on both the home page and on their download page which could end up being decent at the end of the month.

I recall the site and explored around a bit at the time and saw no red flags. The content certainly appears useful. Please do not take that as a recommendation. I do not know the site or its owners and have not downloaded any of the content.

Flame

I've been using the site for months. Can't see any problems yet? I did notice the google ads.... maybe that's enough to pay for it? Who knows?

Just thought I'd throw in my $0.02. Everything's been working fine for me.