• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Want to sandblast signs

Joe Crumley

Keith,

The program "Vetric" is much easier to learn and not all that expensive. They have a wonderful Forum with lots of guys sharing files and information. There's also lots of good CD's that come with the package. You'd be up and running in no time with that software.

Joe Crumley
www.normansignco.com

TammieH

My ad vice is to do everything yourself except blast, its a health hazard, you have to dispose of all waste, etc. you should be able to find a company that does nothing but sandblast in your area.

sinetist

I love the idea of having and using a CNC machine for dimensional signs rather than sandblasting but the cost of getting one and setting it up is far greater than than the equipment needed for sandblasting. So I'd say that unless you're expecting to do a lot of dimensional signage it would be wiser to sub those kind of jobs out to a company already doing them.

Joe Crumley

Keith,

I started up back in the early 80's, prior to computer signs. I blasted many of the signs on the website.

The reason I moved to the CNC was not to replace the sandblaster although that's what happened. As a one person shop I needed help to keep up with the work. The router was the answer for me. It cut the panel shapes, letters, woodgrain textures not to mention the V carving.

I spent 8K for my electric twin screw compressor, 2k for my pot and the dead man control, the belt air-conditioner, and fresh air supply. It's all sitting out back rusting away. I got ten years out of that equipment and it's past history.

I can make more money with a CNC. She runs while I'm at home a sleep.

Joe Crumley
www.normansignco.com

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 120
  • Irwin Fix.jpg
    Irwin Fix.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 106