• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Warning when taking children to the zoo

thinksigns

SnowFlake
Please point out where the "victim mentality" was in the story.

stupidity some people exhibit .

In my opinion, that now applies to you. No matter what good advice you give on anything else in this forum, you will always be the guy that laughed at a two year old getting mauled to death.

Salmoneye

I think I know what he was trying to say and maybe he used a poor choice of words. I have often found myself letting out a small laugh of bewilderment or shock if you will at something I find stupid, shocking, or too horrifying to comprehend; I am talking about the laugh you let out when you drop something out of the bucket truck and smash your new windshield when you are really thinking to yourself "OMG that could have been someones head." or maybe he's just a pri@%! Just saying it's possible that we are beating him up over a miscommunication. Regardless it is a terrible loss.

David Wright

I think I know what he was trying to say and maybe he used a poor choice of words. I have often found myself letting out a small laugh of bewilderment or shock if you will at something I find stupid, shocking, or too horrifying to comprehend; I am talking about the laugh you let out when you drop something out of the bucket truck and smash your new windshield when you are really thinking to yourself "OMG that could have been someones head." or maybe he's just a pri@%! Just saying it's possible that we are beating him up over a miscommunication. Regardless it is a terrible loss.

Come on, how can we make ourselves feel superior to someone else if we don't do this?
Anyways, when people do something stupid that results in tragedy you feel awful and angry at the same time. Most people I know don't need this warning about how to manage children at the zoo, unfortunately that is not always the case.

ThinkRight

ThinkRight, how many kids do you have?
Just 1
And me or my wife would not do something stupid to harn her in any way .
I know some people think I am an a--hole , does not change the fact that stupid people will never get sympathy or compassion from me .(and i bet i am not the lone ranger)
In a sane world that mother would be charged with the death of that child.
I can be one of the nicest people you ever meet,and I can be the biggest prick you may ever meet.
I will give anybody the shirt off of my back if they need it more than me.
Not because someone says I should.

TXFB.INS

didn't watch the whole video, but what happened to the dogs?

if they were put down that is BS!

hopefully the family reaches closer not letting this tragedy do them in.

Bly

Good lord. Major parenting fail.

Sure it's sad but really have we become so used to being protected from harm that we no longer take basic safety precautions?

I have three kids and would have never put one of them in that position.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Just 1
And me or my wife would not do something stupid to harn her in any way .
I know some people think I am an a--hole , does not change the fact that stupid people will never get sympathy or compassion from me .(and i bet i am not the lone ranger)
In a sane world that mother would be charged with the death of that child.
I can be one of the nicest people you ever meet,and I can be the biggest prick you may ever meet.
I will give anybody the shirt off of my back if they need it more than me.
Not because someone says I should.

So, because you say you or your wife are competent, we're supposed to believe it. You're as nuts as you appear.

As for giving the shirt off your back or being a pr!ck.... which role was being played when you laughed at Maddox being mauled.... regardless of whose fault it was or is ??
You have got to be the cruelest internet person I've ever spoken to. Maybe anyone, ever.

Someone said about dropping something on your windshield or doing some stoopid mistake which costs you out-a-pocket...... how in the world does that even compare to a child being mauled to death in front of your very eyes..... at the zoo, yet ??

The act here was a kid falling into an area filled with mean-*** dogs which evidently are meaner than pitbulls and was killed by them. The other stuff is all flowery things for the story..... the kid's Mom or Dad did a no-no, too many dogs to contend with, it was a nice day, it was raining, it was stoopid, it was someone's fault..... but what is funny that made you laugh at young Maddox being torn apart by animals ??

You laughed when you read the story, huh............. ?? I feel very sad for you, especially since you said you were next to being a perfect parent. Your kid might be lucky she has you and her Mom, but I'd hate to have a parent that thinks they're perfect and can do no wrong... and laughed at this sort of stuff. Yeah you're fit alright. And you are far from being a Lone Ranger..... he would never have laughed at an incident such as this. He probably would've put a warning silver bullet right upside your head.

sar bossier

There seems to be two responses: sympathy or judgement. I admit, when we took Ayden to the zoo, we went to Cleveland in 2010 and Pittsburgh last year in 2011, Ayden was 2 or 3 depending the year.. and in the stroller both times, we constantly had to lift him up to see alot of things at the zoo, never sat him on the rail cause daddy has muscles, but things aren't built to accommodate the height of toddlers. Plus Maddox wore glasses. So i'm sure he struggled to see. It's not funny. As a mother myself, i couldn't imagine the thoughts flooding those parents at this time. Why he slipped, i don't know, but it happened. But common sense, that is a dangerous position to set a toddler in, and if you do, you better hold on and hold on tight. I'm sure we have maybe all done something that could have turned completely tragic but didn't and we weren't aware of it till something happened to someone else, . I'm sure plenty of parents have let their children sit on that same rail to watch. Its not like its caged off. Its an overlook. But now something has happened, and this mother is taking the blame for it all.. I mean holding a 20-30 lb toddler all day is a task, maybe she sat him there needing a rest from her arms and without thinking, i think those are round beams in that overlook, and he just slipped though her hands.....

Look at his picture ThinkRight... laugh at that if you need a laugh. I don't find it funny.

:goodpost: Amen, Sister!! That was wrong on SO MANY levels ....

Last edited:

ThinkRight

especially since you said you were next to being a perfect parent. Your kid might be lucky she has you and her Mom, but I'd hate to have a parent that thinks they're perfect and can do no wrong... and laughed at this sort of stuff.

I never said I was perfect at anything.
I said I would never do anything stupid that could hurt my daughter or anyone else.
This will be my last post on the subject.
I am an a_ _hole
Fine

fmg

How awful and tragic for the whole family and the poor little child. RIP little one.