• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wasatch Question

WB

Anyone know how I can add a boarder to files in Wasatch?. When printing to the Flatbed on some materials I'd like to leave a 1/4" boarder all the way around some prints. Is there an easy way to to that In Wasatch?

Thanks

bbeens

WB-

If you are printing .eps files there is an easy way to add a border under File->Preferences on the tab 'Set EPS Border'. If you are printing other file types you can use the Layout tab to position files as needed. The Layout tab can also be used in conjunction with our Template option. There are a few different ways to control placement of jobs out of Softrip. With more details of what you are trying to do I should be able to give you better advice.

Bryan

WB

WB-

If you are printing .eps files there is an easy way to add a border under File->Preferences on the tab 'Set EPS Border'. If you are printing other file types you can use the Layout tab to position files as needed. The Layout tab can also be used in conjunction with our Template option. There are a few different ways to control placement of jobs out of Softrip. With more details of what you are trying to do I should be able to give you better advice.

Bryan

Thanks Bryan,

I print several different file types but mainly .eps, pdf, .tiff and .jpg files.
What I'm looking for is a way to nest these on a sheet (lets say 4'x8') and have the Software add a 1/4" boarder to each with crop marks so I can then trim them out afterwards leaving the .25".
I know I can set the spacing between the files but that won't give me the crop marks. Is there away to Crop outside the image?

Thanks

Bill

bbeens

WB-

Are you using our automatic Crop Marks on the 'Unit Options' tab? This should produce crop marks on all four corners of each file you print. You can also select Full Length crop marks which will draw a box around the entire file you are printing.

Bryan

WB

I'm using the crops marks.. Problem is I want to add .25" of white between the crop marks and the edge of the file.

bbeens

Bill-

Now I understand what you are doing. In Softrip there is no way to add the white space you are asking for. You would need to pad your file with white space in your design app to achieve the output you are looking for.

Let me know if you have any other questions, happy to help where I can.

Bryan