• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

waste ink from my printer?

Tigertron

We have "roundups" where you can drop off toxic crap. Ask the fire department. That is where ours is held. They only happen every 6 months or so here but there is a drop off station that's open year round. It's just far. Also there is a small charge if you are a business.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Slip a few ounces each day into the morning pot of coffee. Will give even cheap coffee the rich dark black look of the expensive brands....

wayne k
guam usa

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
We have to recycle it through Safety Kleen. We have them pickup 55 gallon drums every so often.

kffernandez

Slip a few ounces each day into the morning pot of coffee. Will give even cheap coffee the rich dark black look of the expensive brands....

in the real world outside s101, it wouldn't surprise me how somebody would do this just bec you said so. :thumb:

kelly

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Mix it into cheapo kitty litter on scrap piece of metal (think big baking sheet) then stick it outside behind the building (where it will not get rained on or anything) till it's dry, then toss it in the dumpster.

anozira02

Now that I have all these wonderful information on how to drink it in coffee.. and to still me neighbors cat poop, the next thing I thought you tell me to mix it in with my garden soil it will make the soil nice and black and gives it a top soil look.. May be I will just mix it with the old oil out of my trucks and give it to Oilcanhenry..lol

ChicagoGraphics

Not cat crap, get yourself a bag of kitty litter or that stuff that soaks up oil that looks like kitty litter, and put in a 5 gallon bucket, you will use this for all your ink waste, when it gets done absorbing toss it in your dumpster.

TwoNine

I like to put my extra inks in local drinking water sources....You know - for the kids. They just love it.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Now that I have all these wonderful information on how to drink it in coffee.. and to still me neighbors cat poop, the next thing I thought you tell me to mix it in with my garden soil it will make the soil nice and black and gives it a top soil look.. May be I will just mix it with the old oil out of my trucks and give it to Oilcanhenry..lol

One of the advantages of the coffee mix that I failed to mention is that it will give you an extra 3 to 5 years outdoor life expectancy (without lamination - unless you are running a Epson GS6000).

wayne k
guam usa

TwoNine

one of the advantages of the coffee mix that i failed to mention is that it will give you an extra 3 to 5 years outdoor life expectancy (without lamination - unless you are running a epson gs6000).

Wayne k
guam usa

hahahaha!!!! :roflmao:

We have to recycle it through Safety Kleen. We have them pickup 55 gallon drums every so often.

same we have a bi weekly pick up...

save most and make our black ink from solvent waste.. UV waste will not cure ...

yes black is recycled from waste ... and we keep printing .. green ,black or brown.. this is how we do...

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
You can bottle it up and send it off with a platoon of beings in hazmat suits or you can pour it out on the ground. The effect on the course of history will be exactly the same either way. None whatsoever.

C

ColoPrinthead

I've always had my employers provide a disposal service for waste dye sub and solvent inks (or act like they did. For all I know they dumped it in the Trinity river after hours). I use eco-sol now and do the kitty liter method mentioned.