Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

waste ink from my printer?

Discussion in 'Think Green!' started by anozira02, Apr 15, 2012.

1. anozira02

anozira02 Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Prescott, arizona
    Can anyone tell me where or how to dispose my waste ink I been collecting
    in gallons of jugs?

Tags:
  2. Tigertron

Tigertron Member

Jan 9, 2012
    We have "roundups" where you can drop off toxic crap. Ask the fire department. That is where ours is held. They only happen every 6 months or so here but there is a drop off station that's open year round. It's just far. Also there is a small charge if you are a business.

3. John in Cali

John in Cali Member

Jan 31, 2011
    usa
    I know a few artists who love the waste ink. Super opaque, and I give it to them for free.

4. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Slip a few ounces each day into the morning pot of coffee. Will give even cheap coffee the rich dark black look of the expensive brands....

wayne k
    guam usa

5. WYLDGFI

WYLDGFI Merchant Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Linden, NJ
    We have to recycle it through Safety Kleen. We have them pickup 55 gallon drums every so often.

6. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    i put it in either gallon containers or reuse the liter ink bottles and just dump it into our dumpster.

7. SlightlyChilled

SlightlyChilled Very Active Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Hell
    I give it to under privileged squid that can't buy ink

8. kffernandez

kffernandez Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Philippines
    in the real world outside s101, it wouldn't surprise me how somebody would do this just bec you said so. :thumb:

kelly

9. SightLine

SightLine Very Active Member

Mix it into cheapo kitty litter on scrap piece of metal (think big baking sheet) then stick it outside behind the building (where it will not get rained on or anything) till it's dry, then toss it in the dumpster.

10. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    re-run it

11. anozira02

anozira02 Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Prescott, arizona
    Now that I have all these wonderful information on how to drink it in coffee.. and to still me neighbors cat poop, the next thing I thought you tell me to mix it in with my garden soil it will make the soil nice and black and gives it a top soil look.. May be I will just mix it with the old oil out of my trucks and give it to Oilcanhenry..lol

12. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    Not cat crap, get yourself a bag of kitty litter or that stuff that soaks up oil that looks like kitty litter, and put in a 5 gallon bucket, you will use this for all your ink waste, when it gets done absorbing toss it in your dumpster.

13. TwoNine

TwoNine Active Member

Apr 17, 2011
    I like to put my extra inks in local drinking water sources....You know - for the kids. They just love it.

14. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    One of the advantages of the coffee mix that I failed to mention is that it will give you an extra 3 to 5 years outdoor life expectancy (without lamination - unless you are running a Epson GS6000).

wayne k
    guam usa

15. TwoNine

TwoNine Active Member

Apr 17, 2011
    hahahaha!!!! :roflmao:

16. formanek

formanek Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Spread it in the alley to keep dust down.

17. Merritt Big Color

Merritt Big Color Merchant Member

same we have a bi weekly pick up...

save most and make our black ink from solvent waste.. UV waste will not cure ...

yes black is recycled from waste ... and we keep printing .. green ,black or brown.. this is how we do...

18. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    You can bottle it up and send it off with a platoon of beings in hazmat suits or you can pour it out on the ground. The effect on the course of history will be exactly the same either way. None whatsoever.

19. I've always had my employers provide a disposal service for waste dye sub and solvent inks (or act like they did. For all I know they dumped it in the Trinity river after hours). I use eco-sol now and do the kitty liter method mentioned.

20. WYLDGFI

WYLDGFI Merchant Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Linden, NJ
    wow