Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

waste ink from my printer?

Discussion in 'Think Green!' started by anozira02, Apr 15, 2012.

1. BIG EASY DOES IT

BIG EASY DOES IT Very Active Member

Mar 14, 2011
    CA
    Just go through HP. They will send you boxes with prepaid shipping labels for all your ink waste.

2. maskman

maskman Member

Jan 3, 2012

Makes a great turkey bast as well :thumb: It always gives Thanksgiving a more ....Colorful meal

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    I just put them in the back room with the other containers of ink I've never figured out what to do with. The non-tree hugger inside me just says toss it in the dumpster w/ everything else.

4. omaan

omaan New Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Many manufacturers package their ink cartridges with a returnable envelope - if you send them your used cartridge they will ensure that it is recycled.
    You can send it to one of these places!!!

5. genericname

genericname Active Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Canada
    That would require progressive thinking on the part of North American companies. Your ink sources in Delhi seriously have cradle-to-grave solutions? Do they pay for shipping?

6. SqueeGee

SqueeGee Active Member

May 27, 2005
    We've always gone the kitty litter route.

I'd hate to see the results of a Phase I Environmental report on bob's denim rich property. Maybe this explains how he's been able to breed cow horses?

7. genericname

genericname Active Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Canada
    Watch it! We have ownership of the denim thing, and won't sit idly by while others stake claim to it.

Won't even get into an argument over whether it's a big deal to dump the ink or not, but it will bite you in the *** at some point. Not saying the moon's going to fall on you, but the law might.

8. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    its only hazardous waste if you simply toss the cartridges in the dumpster.
    dried ink is no more hazardous than scrap vinyl.

9. SqueeGeeMonkee

SqueeGeeMonkee New Member

Jan 16, 2013
    I fill balloons with used ink each night and decorate other sign shop's walls with it.
    They never seem very pleased.

10. goforit14

goforit14 New Member

Jul 9, 2013
    :ROFLMAO:, that will make them happy, my printer said i ran out of ink i didnt it had a bunch left in the cartridge, so i instead bought another chip and used the rest , i could buy a roll of material with all the "empty " cartridges if i actually got use of all the ink in paid for

11. HDvinyl

HDvinyl Trump 2020

Nov 20, 2008
    halfway house.
    Closest porta potty.