Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

watching printers from home with internet camera

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by ddarlak, Jun 21, 2010.

1. ddarlak

ddarlak Trump Hater

I bought some internet camera's years ago to watch my printers from home. I was unsuccessful trying to set them up until now.

http://ddarlak.dyndns.org

the activeX doesn't work, use the java to stream video.

Tags:
  2. Just Another Sign Guy

Just Another Sign Guy Very Active Member

Jun 19, 2004
    at one point i had my cnc router hooked up in my warehouse and could watch it via remote camera from my laptop and i would have someone load a new sheet on the table and i could send whatever job i needed to the table in a period where i didn't have anyone trained to run the machine. it was a very archaic setup compared to today's technology.

i've got one client running a router with a self loader remotely and countless clients running printers from their phones..it can be a great tool to increase productivity and quality of life not having to watch a printer run.

3. signcrafters london

signcrafters london Very Active Member

May 22, 2010
    London KY
    Cool. You'll have to hire a hot chick to handle your printing if you want me to return to your site, however.

4. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    agreed.

5. signgal

signgal Very Active Member

Dec 29, 2009
    good for you! I've thought about this many times but never got around to trying it out.

6. ddarlak

ddarlak Trump Hater

the manual to set it up was a joke, every time i searced the internet all i found was people asking the same question i was. finally someone came back to a forum and posted what they had done to solve the problem. it's great when someone takes the time to go back and let everyone know what worked for them.

all i had to do was set the gateway on my camera to the same as the router's IP address for anyone else who may be having problems...

now i can spend more time at home with my kids!

7. CES020

CES020 Very Active Member

Oct 16, 2008
    VA
    You need to load the next job, it's sitting still. Time is money, chop chop, get a move on, hurry up every chance you get, what are you waiting for, and all those other wonderful motivations sayings we all love to hear :)

8. signgal

signgal Very Active Member

Dec 29, 2009
    Roflmao @ ces

9. ddarlak

ddarlak Trump Hater

LOL i knew that was coming...

i'm finishing up some installs this week and taking off fishing to BLACK LAKE for a week!!

it'll be sittin awhile :)

10. modernmav

modernmav Member

Sep 1, 2009
    lol @ ces, i was going to post that at noon but figured someone else would get to it eventually

11. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    I will give you my web cam address so you can watch me write your check. Then watch me cash it and keep the cash too.

12. ddarlak

ddarlak Trump Hater

?????