• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Water stains on the face of Frosted vinly

Murray

Hi all

Dumb question here ... how the heck do I get ordinary water stains off the front of newly installed frosted vinyl or will they just disappear over time?

reQ

What liquid did you use to install it? Rapid tac would dry no problem. But i use Distilled water + johnson's baby shampoo for 3 years now with excellent results also, everything dries perfectly fine within a day

ams

Could be liquid trapped under, because I don't think frosted vinyl is porous. But also if it's wet on the outside of the vinyl it will give that effect, take regular water and rub over it.
Lastly did it have the right amount of pressure? If you accidentally went too light over that area, it may not be laid down all the way.

Murray

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate them all!
I used ordinary water and baby shampoo but this water is not under the vinyl its the excess water that I used after it was laid down to soften up the mask. It left random water splotches/stains on the vinyl, the piece is on glass. Ill just try washing it with clean water and see if that helps.

a77

In my eperience it is always best to dry the face of the frost when you are done squeegeeing. A good idea anyways to take a look before you move to the next panel. When left to dry on its own, I will sometimes see slightly stubborn water stains. I do think they will go away eventually. When I do have those stains, I go back and wet it slightly and give it a good wipe dry and it seems to go away.

fastmax

wipe it wiht some rubbing alcohol and tell the client it should work itself out in a few days after going through a day night hot cold cycle... you will always find problems on new frost, they actually do work themselves out though