• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

way to high?

qmr55

This is why I usually turn down jobs for "friends of friends." Honestly, I think you're too low...but what do I know?

J

john1

Friend of a friend isn't my friend so why should they get special pricing? I really hate doing anything for family or friends. It's always a charity case...well they think it should be.

Probably why i don't have any friends, Oh well...Less to worry about honestly.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I know the area. It's about the same rates as down here in Reading. We have lots of customers up that way. We just did a bunch of windows up there this past summer for a customer and got like $4,900 for 7pcs. 4' x 4' windows including some Gold leaf vinyl. No cleaning of old vinyl. That was for design, fabrications, application and travel time.

One thing I have to comment on..... the design will never fly on glass.... especially a front window. First the lettering is too dainty and secondly.... being dark, it has no chance of showing up. Also, for a bakery..... most bakeries will use their window for show-casing. You've got your lettering all over the place from top to bottom. I'd ask them what their vision is for displays and work your design around that.

Craig Sjoquist

Gino..I agree on the advertisement design layout is not worth the money.

But also it was a quick effort ..So this can be improved & made to be well worth the money & more.

One way to find out what they are willing to pay is ASK what there budget is for advertisement at storefront sure they will say much lower.. but a start.

Now it is up to you to prove that this is worth alot more.

Explain the process of cleaning, designing software & equipment, materials used & cost of each, plus your time involved, start adding it up, ask them about there charges for whatever.

Now they will start seeing the bargain they really are getting by seeing the cost to produce.

Also explain how low cost storefront advertising is by..PER DAY basis or even weekly or monthly ..they will begin to realize the SIGNS ARE the cheapest advertisement on the market , when comparing to TV ..Newspaper, Magazines, , Internet so on & so on & do not let them say well it is on my property another excuse.

Also your ability does not come overnight & anybody can do this & stay in business

There is alot more ..but read some sales books like how to close a sale

I know the area. It's about the same rates as down here in Reading. We have lots of customers up that way. We just did a bunch of windows up there this past summer for a customer and got like $4,900 for 7pcs. 4' x 4' windows including some Gold leaf vinyl. No cleaning of old vinyl. That was for design, fabrications, application and travel time.

One thing I have to comment on..... the design will never fly on glass.... especially a front window. First the lettering is too dainty and secondly.... being dark, it has no chance of showing up. Also, for a bakery..... most bakeries will use their window for show-casing. You've got your lettering all over the place from top to bottom. I'd ask them what their vision is for displays and work your design around that.

That was the 2 minute design of the things and locations they asked for. If I end up doing the job I will design it the way I think it should be and go over it with them. No point on wasting time on a job I didn't get. Not yet anyway. Also it isn't really a bakery. Well it is, but it's a very high end bakery. I don't think there are any plans to display anything in the windows. Although I will check into that if I do he job.