• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Web Designer Getting into Signmaking

JohnnyMac

I've been in the website building business since 1997. I have a full time design staff that works on-site at my office. We have ALWAYS had a need for decals, trade show graphics, signage, and more for many years. We are finally getting off our butts and purchasing equipment to get started printing graphics for our clients and for our own needs. I joined the site to get as much information as I can. If I can also answer any questions about web design I am happy to do so.

We are looking at a Roland VersaCAMM SP-540i to get started.

TammieH

Welcome from Seattle/Bellevue...just a bit of unwanted advice...as far as signs go, normally the simpler the better- graphic designers are usually worried about making pretty signs, versus something that is easily read and gets the message out with minimal verbiage.

Hero Signs

If they let me make it, they will come
Welcome to signage, I got out of internet marketing to make signs. Lot more fun for me. I have a mentor with 42 years making signs, been a blast but still learning now 10 months into it.

axis

"been a blast but still learning now 10 months into it"

LOL! I'm 480 months into it and still learning. That's why I love this business!

To everyone migrating from publication or web design keep in mind that a beautiful page layout or site design rarely makes a good sign. First and foremost, you have to be able to read it after applying the 50/50 rule (50 feet/50 mph) :Big Laugh:

That being said, Welcome!