• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Web Hosting Providers

Techman

most of those hosters are resellers of some bigger names.
Many of those hosters are reselling access under names such as godaddy network solutions etc..
Do some research and find out which ones are resellers and which are actual web hosters.
Google around discover that you also can be a reseller of hosting. you can get access to dozens of IP addresses for just a couple of dollars each or less.

It is not difficult.

for example.. Fred could open his own reselling of domain hosting under the signs101 banner.

MrTopgun21

We have used HostGator for 4 years, and have been pleased overall. No host is 100% perfect.
Stay AWAY from Ipower web and Ready Hosting!!!! Horrible!!!

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
You can host unlimited websites, have 1500 email accounts, and 1500 online storage accounts(2GB each) for $8.99/month (currently only 4.99/month for first 12 months) with 1and1.com.

Dennis422

http://www.webhostinghub.com/

Love those guys. Used to have iPower and FatCow (Same company different domains, they have about 30 of them). TERRIBLE, when something goes wrong it was always my fault :) Never theirs
Also, did not like the GoDaddy, one of my customers did not have great experience with them.

HostGator is pretty good too.

WCSign

Host Gator is good and has good customer service.

1and1 is rediculous.. They cant even upgrade the quota on a database, they have caused me MAJOR issues in the past.

but for average sites for small businesses, godaddy, network solutions and voxdomains have all been equally pleasant experiences. Just avoid all the upselling.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
Is it easy to buy a domain from one place and transfer to another
Yes.
You need to be able to "unlock" the domain and have access to the "authorization code".

You will need to supply your new host with the "authorization code".

njshorts

Read this first:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endurance_International_Group and http://www.thewhir.com/web-hosting-...g-eig-brands-hit-massive-new-years-eve-outage (as well as others)

Do the smart thing- ask lots of questions and find out if you're buying from a faceless conglomerate, reseller or other equally crappy option. A quality provider has management involved in day-to-day operations and owns/operates their own equipment.

EDIT- also, keep in mind... "unlimited" means "oversold" since "unlimited" doesn't exist. Just like in most industries, you get what you pay for (sometimes less!).

Doc Savage

I have been using Host Gator for about 4-5 years for an unrelated personal hobby website. I like them so much I placed my unrelated business e-commerce website with them about 2 years ago.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
We use Site5. Aside from that, a couple asked about ease of transferring a domain between hosts. I've always recommended keeping your registrar separate from your hosting. Then changing hosting is just a quick and easy DNS change.

binki

We were using 1 and 1 and we kept getting malware injections and finally they cut off our website. It was down for a week. We switched to GoDaddy. More expensive but more reliable. Plus, customer service is in the USA.