• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Weeding Nightmare!?

MrDesignGuy

This customer would like this graphic on her store front window. Would I be crazy to print this and try weeding it. I just think it would take a LONG time to weed all that excess vinyl. Does anybody know of alternative to attacking this kind of job? Thanks!

Attachments

• goddess head_2color.jpg
    goddess head_2color.jpg
    610 KB · Views: 77

sar bossier

This customer would like this graphic on her store front window. Would I be crazy to print this and try weeding it. I just think it would take a LONG time to weed all that excess vinyl. Does anybody know of alternative to attacking this kind of job? Thanks!

Print it on clear vinyl.

petepaz

+1 to the print on clear(with white prime if needed) and contour cut outside shape maybe 1/8-1/4in clear bleed on the vinyl

CS-SignSupply-TT

Leaving an edge

+1 to the print on clear(with white prime if needed) and contour cut outside shape maybe 1/8-1/4in clear bleed on the vinyl

great recommendation on the 1/8 to 1/4" edge. Since the image is on a door (high traffic area), edge curl could be a problem. Perhaps an optically clear lam is in order as well?

Sticky Signs

cut/weed/charge accordingly. I've weeded way worse. That doesn't look to bad. Of course the other suggestions are good to.

Circleville Signs

I think the biggest thing that was mentioned here is that the brown, nor that green, are going to show up well on a window unless they have white blinds behind it. The image needs a white outline somehow...

andy

Um...

Cut the main graphic in Brown vinyl then float in a Lime Green insert.

Printing something as simple as this makes absolutely NO sense to me whatsoever... talk about using a sledgehammer to pulverise a nut.

Circleville Signs

Um...

Cut the main graphic in Brown vinyl then float in a Lime Green insert.

Printing something as simple as this makes absolutely NO sense to me whatsoever... talk about using a sledgehammer to pulverise a nut.

Print/Cut/outline weed - 3 steps.

Cut brown,weed brown, cut green, weed green, stack colors = 5 steps.

Efficiency rules....

John Butto

toomuchtime

Screen print it on and charge accordingly.
Have screenprinted on glass hundreds of times and the only good ink is an oil based enamel, am sure there are others but have not used them, so that would be one trip for the green, if done on the inside, clean screen and come back the next day after green dries and do the brown. so the cost of making two screens, travel time and applying to glass, no wonder Gino is so rich. Cut vinyl and weed as they say and be done with it.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Like Gino said, I would screen print it... if it is on clear glass, then I would screen the brown on the inside, the green on the outside. one trip...

If it have to be vinyl, I would print the image on a white stripe that way it had a white background to make it pop, you might possibly add some easily weedable cut pattern on each end based on what the graphic has to tie it all in.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I think the biggest thing that was mentioned here is that the brown, nor that green, are going to show up well on a window unless they have white blinds behind it. The image needs a white outline somehow...

Exactly so. These colors are guaranteed not to show up all by themselves on a window. A general rule of thumb is to treat any window as black.

If you want this to actually be seen print it on white and do an 1/8-1/4 contour cut letting the resultant white border show. Otherwise it will be lost on what is functionally a black background.

thewood

If you want this to actually be seen print it on white and do an 1/8-1/4 contour cut letting the resultant white border show. Otherwise it will be lost on what is functionally a black background.

This is how I would tackle it.