• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Weeding Nightmare!?

MrDesignGuy

I agree that these colors will not show up on a window. I think the solution is to explain this to the customer and print it on white will an 1/4" contour bleed of white. It will really pop and make it all look better in my opinion. Something like I have attached. Thanks for all the ideas and input.

Attachments

• Goddess.jpg
    Goddess.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 96

Custom_Grafx

My main concern is how fine cut vinyl would hold up with window cleaners, especially the rough $5/window kind who go at it with their rubber squeegee like a hyena on redbull.

Signs4Realtors

Just completed a window with a similar vector image as a background to the design and I used view-thru. It worked great. If you can, try printing the image on this.

Attachments

• WindowViewThru.jpg
    WindowViewThru.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 85

omgsideburns

If it's only one.. think of the time it would take to weed vs overthinking it.

That being said, print it on clear and contour cut.. I'd do it on an Edge because it can prime white.. as long as it's not larger than 11.8 on the smallest side..

CoCut USA

cut/weed/charge accordingly. I've weeded way worse. That doesn't look to bad. Of course the other suggestions are good to.

Definitely. It'll look way better / cleaner than printed and loose-cut, especially over time. And it's cool. They want it, and getting what they want, done well, should cost something.

Just one question I'd ask the owner: are sure one is enough?

:^)

artbot

i don't know much about vinyl, but it might be a nice touch if you put a reversed white on the interior of the space and the clear print on the outside. this you'd get a natural shadow effect from the float of the glass.

signage

i don't know much about vinyl, but it might be a nice touch if you put a reversed white on the interior of the space and the clear print on the outside. this you'd get a natural shadow effect from the float of the glass.

Nice Idea! :thumb: