• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Weeding Problem

Greece740IL

Hi All-

I recently purchased a Master Brand Plotter using Flexi Starter edition software. I am having trouble with the cutter not cutting out the entire design- it leaves small spots that were not cut making weeding extremly hard. I have to spend about 10 min with a razer blade cutting these spots so I can weed it without streching or tearing the design.

I have tried slowing the speed of the cutter down, changed the downforce, readjusted the blade nothing seems to work. The manual to the cutter said it is a driver problem, but I have this set up right. Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you very much- an impatient weeder!

Bigdawg

Just Me
You don't need to increase the downforce. We have a masters cutter and you need to adjust the offset like Techman mentioned. I don't use the flexi starter so I can't tell you where to do it, but just play with the number in it. Tia had to adjust ours too to make it cut right.

Also, view your artwork in wireframe mode and make sure that the lines are actually connected. Some programs lose line segments when they export an eps or pdf.

Derf

Check and see if your Flexi Starter has an advanced setting for the cutter and make sure it is not set to PEN mode or low quality cut!

I just bought a FC-7000-130 and it was cutting like crap but testing great!

I found out the default in the cutter option was set to PEN so I turned off the cutter options in Flexi and now it cuts great. Like I knew is should.

the cutter option in flexi was overriding the setting I programmed into the cutter.

I have flexi Pro so I don't know if you flexi has that option.

i have been hired as a consultant for many new sign companies and MANY of them have started out with a Master brand plotter...I can tell you that htis is a common initial problem in that everyone that i have seen has had this issue and it has been corrected by adjusting the offset...i must say i am much more enthusiastic when i show up for these consults and the company has invested in equipment that does not have these issues so that I can use our time to actually teach them something rather than calibrating machinery...

Greece740IL

Hey - Thanks everyone- I do believe that I have the problem figured out with using all your tips- I adjusted the offset- which was wrong, and also turned off the cutter option- per Derf- this did the trick- she now cuts as slick as a greased pig- Thanks everyone-

signmeup

This slays me. Derf had a problem (almost the same problem) with his Graphtec but no one said "Ha ha, cheap plotter from China." I think Bradster has the right idea. (see post #5 above)

Adrian