• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Weeding Tools

westpointsigns

Just wondering what others use for weeding vinyl.

This is what I use. The top one is 6 years old.

Attachments

• DSCN3009.jpg
    DSCN3009.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 140

petepaz

crap i was hoping it was wedding tools, maybe to pry me out of my marriage..haha
just kidding i love my wife.

but for weeding i just use a razor knife of some kind, not picky and if the text is real small what i do is after the vinyl is cut i apply the application tape and then i pull the whole sheet off the release liner and weed it that way and it keeps the letters from popping off or sticking in the scrap

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Generally speaking it would be a dress, flowers, rings and monkey suits for the men.

Tony McD

I used to use an x-acto till I tried the bubble popper tool. > > > http://www.signwarehouse.com/p-HT-BRX1.html
A little wooden dowel rod with a needle sticking out, and a burnishing tool on the other end. I have worn out the needle a time or two, and replaced it with a sewing pin.
The needle makes it real easy to pick out any piece...even the tiny ones.
Plus, I don't have the occasional slice in my finger :)

Impact Image

I have a pair of LaCross tweezers I stole from my wife 3 years ago. If I need anything smaller than that I try and print it.

Baz

X-acto knife but i hate their blades! I prefer Griffhold #7 blades (same as #11 x-acto). They keep their sharpness much longer than x-acto.

gabagoo

I Use the Ulano stripping tool that came with my Gerber 4b. I have had the thing for over 20 years and they dont make them anymore. I can weed quite fast with it and man is there a panic when i cant find it.

Attachments

• ulano.jpg
    ulano.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 101

Cross Signs

We Make Them Hot and Fresh Everyday
I Use the Ulano stripping tool that came with my Gerber 4b. I have had the thing for over 20 years and they dont make them anymore. I can weed quite fast with it and man is there a panic when i cant find it.
I had one of those but lost it. I still miss it

showcase 66

Mainly tweezers here. I have needle nose ones that I have sharpened the ends to a sharp point. Work great. Except when I put them in my pocket and forget then shove my hand in the pocket to get my keys.

gabagoo

I had one of those but lost it. I still miss it

I love it and unlike an exacto you can use the flat blade to either pick the centres out or sometimes what i do on certain sizes is I slide the blade and it sort of scoops it out with no damage to the silicone paper.
I wish I knew why they discontinued these but I have a feeling they were origianlly designed for use with rubylith and that answers that question lol :(

Sign Works

I've used em all,

weeding picks
weeding tweezers
Ulano stripping tool - neat handy tool, wish they still made them
X-acto knife

All I use anymore is the X-acto knife, the back side of the blade works very quickly & efficently as a weeding tool.

B Snyder

I use the same "bubble popper tool" Tony McD posted. I haven't found anything to be faster or safer.