• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Weigh-Ins for the signs101 Losers (the good kind!)

Jillbeans

So how are we all doing?
I have been gaining and losing the same damn 3# since August.
Finally got a new pair of Levis last month which are two sizes smaller than what I used to wear.
Love....Jill

Bigdawg

Just Me
I'm down about 10 lbs... just seem to be at a plateau, but with the baby I certainly get my exercise now!

signmeup

No,No...working out....like running or an aerobics class or kickboxing or soccer. Something that uses muscles and developes your lungs. Something that makes you sweat and breathe hard. Once you get into something like that, you'll have so much more energy you won't believe it.....and you can eat whatever you want. You'll live longer too.

Bigdawg

Just Me
No,No...working out....like running or an aerobics class or kickboxing or soccer. Something that uses muscles and developes your lungs. Something that makes you sweat and breathe hard. Once you get into something like that, you'll have so much more energy you won't believe it.....and you can eat whatever you want. You'll live longer too.

But my husband is still in Tennessee :wink:

animenick65

I'm 6foot tall and at 207lbs
My losing starts today!!

That's not bad at all for 6ft. I'm 6ft1" and I was very happy when I was at 210lb.

Congrats to those who have lost and to those just starting out on the journey. It takes some dedication to stay on a diet for the long run.

cbsigns

This thread is so cool! Its nice to see you guys coming together to help in your goals...

It is always much easier to lose weight with a partner, competition brings out the best in us! My wife had been talking about going on a diet for awhile and just couldnt get motivated, so I told her I would do it too and we would have weigh-ins once a week(we were very competitive!). We started buying better foods to eat and eating better in general. Starting in September of last year, in a few months I had went from 205 to 185lbs, and she went from 140lbs to 120lbs. The nice thing is we have been able to keep it off. The down side was she had to buy new clothes! Just remember you dont have to cut out your favorite food, but use it(in moderation) to reward yourself for eating well. Anyway, we wish everyone well in their efforts to being healthy!

BTW a VERY interesting and good read is "Eat This, Not That" Its a very handy book to have when eating out and grocery shopping.

Last edited:

Sign_Boy

I thought with the New Year quickly approaching I should bump this to the top.

How many of us have some kind of plan to get back into shape for the New Year?

I know I would like to get back to running and working out once again.

I've been really working on getting back in shape. I put on some weight when I got married, but after having my first baby in March, I was determined to get back to my regular weight. I only gained 25 lbs with the pregnancy, but I already weighted more than I wanted to.

Counting from before I got pregnant (not counting the baby weight), I've lost 32 lbs as of this week and I am so stoked. I've just altered my diet up until a month ago when I joined a gym close to my house and I've started getting up before my husband and son in the morning and going to workout.

I love listening to audiobooks and hardly ever get to, so I take my ipod with me to the gym and listen. It keeps me going longer and makes me excited about going.

I've got 10 more pounds to lose, and I know the last ten can be the hardest, so I'm glad to see this post! Let's keep each other motivated!!

It's so great to see you all working towards your goals!!

=) Jessica

Bigdawg

Just Me
Me - I'm just holding steady which is a good thing. I do a lot of cooking over the holidays (lots of candy and cookies!)

PMG

I lost 15 lbs. in the last 10 weeks...was 220 now im down to 205 and my goal is to be down to 185 by summer time!!!