Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird illustrator problem

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by petepaz, Aug 10, 2009.

1. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    Weird illustrator problem<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    This is a new one never saw this before<o:p></o:p>
    Running cs (it’s one of the older computers and haven’t updated it yet it’s next on the list especially since the last couple of updates you can only get 2 down loads per disk)<o:p></o:p>
    Anyway when ever I open a file I can not move the artwork<o:p></o:p>
    It will let me click/select the item by no movement allowed<o:p></o:p>
    Nothing is showing up locked and when I try to move using the arrow keys I get a message <o:p></o:p>
    Can not perform this action and it crashes <o:p></o:p>
    Everything else on the computer seems to be working ok<o:p></o:p>
    I guess I will try to re-install and see what happens <o:p></o:p>
    But if anyone has had this or a similar problem and can shed some light <o:p></o:p>
    It would really be appreciated <o:p></o:p>

Tags:
  2. HaroldDesign

HaroldDesign Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    I would start with emptying your caches. I've had some odd problems once in a while, and a lot of times this did the trick.

3. beermonster

beermonster Member

Jul 24, 2009
    had this too

trash the prefs and reboot - no need for fresh install - thats a route taken too soon/easily

if the file is a legacy file you may need to use the expand feature, and expand strokes and fills