• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Weird wave in laminate?

Kali539

we had a strange issue today with our laminator... this is hard to see but there’s a wave pattern across the entire piece. It’s HP gloss laminate over pvc. Any ideas on why this would happen?

Attachments

• 5DE091DA-89D6-4348-80A2-7D4D1A46418B.jpeg
    5DE091DA-89D6-4348-80A2-7D4D1A46418B.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 304

Kali539

I thought of that because it looks like it pulled to the left or something as it went through, but it was loaded straight and everything was normal... i will double check the settings.

ellsmako

Hmm, did yo check and make sure your rollers are moving up and down at the same speed and that material ANS laminate are straight and evenly loaded. check pressure too.

Kali539

We checked the brake and clutch adjustments and then looked at the rollers themselves. The upper roller was uneven left to right, so we realigned the roller itself and that fixed the issue. Thank you for confirming our suspicions on pressure/tension!