• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Weld-on 16 Alternative?

njsigns

Does anyone know of a product that can be bought locally (Lowes - Home Depot) to use in place of Weld-On 16? I need to mount changeable track lettering track onto acrylic faces.

Thanks,
Gene

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I think there is a TiteBond alternative, but I would never count on it working outside in the elements for an extended period of time. I don't think there is a true industry alternative at all. Anyway, not for tracking.

njsigns

Thanks Gino - that's what I was afraid of. The other day I searched for weld-on 16 and Home Depot and Lowes both came up in the google "paid advertisement" search results, when I went to buy it, low and behold they don't even sell it or know what I am talking about. I just ordered the Weld-On 16 online from a plastics supplier.

Gene

Ken

Banner tape? The stuff I have..I forget the name..I'm not in the shop..but it is super strong. But, not a local purchase..for me.
Ken