• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

welp, off to work at the strip club.....

slappy

to letter a few doors that is:ROFLMAO:

have you ever had a job you were embarrassed to do?

I'm only embarrassed cause i'm a girl and the club is up the road from our business, not even a mile, and my jeep is recognizable to my customers cause of my rims.... so i'm sure i'll get a few people in here with some questions.

wildside

those jobs are always nice.... years ago, we did some banners for a "male revue" and while they were laid out on the table drying, of course people were seeing them and making comments....

i was embarassed at the time, but looking back, it actually was pretty funny....

petepaz

feel to post some pics of the site inspection :)
it happens but work is work.
i would imagine you would be there during the day so if people drive by and see your jeep they will just think you are interviewing and then they will start going at night hoping you are working

Marlene

yep, a strip club. the guy was trying to bust the ba!!$ of the local regs and opened a strip club so it was all over the news. I got to design and make his sign. when they drove him out of town, I got to do another design and make a new sign for his new strip club. it was kind of fun as I got to use colors and other elements I can't normally use in a sign around here like bright pinks and lots of stars & boobs:Big Laugh

ThinkRight

to letter a few doors that is:ROFLMAO:

have you ever had a job you were embarrassed to do?

I'm only embarrassed cause i'm a girl and the club is up the road from our business, not even a mile, and my jeep is recognizable to my customers cause of my rims.... so i'm sure i'll get a few people in here with some questions.

Park around back ,and try to have fun with it.:clapping:
Tell us what those places look like with the lights on , I have never seen one with the lights on. :omg2:

skyhigh

I'm only embarrassed cause i'm a girl and the club is up the road from our business

Hope your regular sign customers don't start paying you with a stack of $1 bills. :ROFLMAO:

ThinkRight

On second thought ....
You should strip while you are in there working so all the girls don't feel uncomfortable !

/ just kidding

OldPaint

while living in sarasota, fl in the 80's i often wondered why i never got work from some of the bigger marinas. well one day a client of mine had a friend who had a boat in one of these marinas asked me to go give his friend an estimate on lettering his boat. i get there and and i see about 20 guys all looking at the same thing so figured a guy got a huge fish..................WRONG!!!!
i get up front and here is this fantastic redhead, in a 2 piece bathing suit, and this is time before T-BACKS, aND AT THAT TIME THIS WAS ALMOST A T-BACK........lettering this boat!!!!!! i asked who she was and one of the marina workers said she does all the lettering here..........and i could see why, i couldnt compete)))))))

Mike F

No need to be embarrassed, those girls go through much worse in a typical night than being a tad uncomfortable while putting up some lettering.:covereyes:

Tell us what those places look like with the lights on , I have never seen one with the lights on. :omg2:
Nothing special, they're just upscale bars with a stage in the middle. Did some construction work at one when I was 19 with a buddy of mine putting in a new office for the owner and expanding the girls' dressing room. My then-but-now-ex fiancee wasn't too happy about it, especially after I changed my ringtone to T-Pain - I'm In Love With a Stripper as a joke. Those were the days...

slappy

well i'm back,
it was an outside two door job and the club does not open till 4pm.... and no parking lot in the back, just the sides and front of building. So i was the only vehicle there.

I was outside for 25 minutes doing two doors, and i got 8 horn honks.

petepaz, the other day when i was there with my clipboard taking measurements, i felt like people thought i was looking for a job

and yes, my payment for this job was paid in lots of 10's, 5's and 1 dollar bills

kinda glad it's done with, and the horn honks were a added compliment/tip i suppose :smile:

OldPaint

the green speedo goes way back to hurricane DENNIS, july 9-11, 2005. i had my shop almost completly closed in. ony thing i had to do was roof trim and gutter. thought i would have it finished before the hurricane got here, but was a little behind. i think it was a sunday morning july 10, i got up at 7 am and was out on the ladder using a 110v corded power drill with self tapping metal screws to secure the metal trim.
it started to rain, and i didnt want the wind to catch any of the loose metal, so i came in the house, took off my soaking wet shirt & shorts, knowing i had no much left to finish, i decided since i was getting wet, WHY NOT PUT ON THE LEAST AMOUNT OF CLOTHES i could find!!!! SPEEDO!!!! hadnt worn them since early 80's. so i put em on, strapped on my tool belt(held self tapping sheet metal screws)got big plastic bag, put it over the 110V corded drill, climbed up an aluminum ladder and finished securing the trim as the hurricane was hitting. couple days later wife was telling somebody i did this, and they said they wished they had a picture of it))))) so i put em on again put the drill in a plastic bag and got a couple pics. now this the dark green speedos. someone in south fl saw this and sent me the bright green pair........and said she wanted a pic of me with them on.........i obliged))))))))))))))thats how it got spread all over the net.

Twisted Images

Work is work and I take it as it comes. You should have seen the face on a priest when he walked in and saw the posters for an abortion clinic on my work table.

slappy

some of the things you guys are printing when people come in is cracking me up. I could only imagine the odds of a priest coming in to see abortion posters all over. Yeah, that would be a good facial expression to witness.

and opps, make that 6p to 2a through the week and 6p to 4a on the weekends. small area, small club. and i dunno why i said 4p.... that was the lettering job i just did, the hours on the doors:doh:

Tifosi

We had some large low tac prints for the Hustler of Hollywood store in town and as I was lining up the first one I kept noticing that my hands kept holding the the print against the window by her breasts...

Couldn't help but chuckle.

Hicalibersigns

Funniest "sign" I ever saw was at a "gentlemen's" club in Fort Worth. On the roof just above the door the guy mounted 2 of the giant 8' old fashioned Television Dish's side by side. He then put red Christmas lights around the center feed horn and another row around the perimeter... making it look like a pair of 8' boobs. It lasted about 8 months if I remember correctly. I'm sure the city of Fort Worth strongly encouraged him to remove them.

SignManiac

I had just printed one of my most offensive atheist t-shirts that I designed and it was laying on my desk when another local sign guy stopped by to see me. He's a holy roller and is always pushing his viewpoint down my throat at every opportunity, which irritates me to no end. You should have seen the look on his face when he spied it sitting there. I just smiled and said, what can I do for you? Karma I guess.