• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wet Application on Glass

B-RAD Graphics

"WET"....if you have alot of spare time to hang out on install .....I dont have the patience anymore. Used to be so nuts about bubbles..now pop em and tell them it will look great in a few days...see ya!!!

DGDesigns

I am bidding a job using Etchmark on glass panels that are 5' wide x 7' tall. I was intending on applying wet without application tape. JESTER mentioned it's a better method "with a few tricks"...I am interested in information on the "tricks". I was also going to use a felt squeegee (some have mentioned a shower squeegee)...any advice on squeegee selection?? Thanks

stevesign

Take no notice of the flaming...

There is more than one way to skin a cat.

IMHO For small letters, dry on windows, for larger, solid areas, wet.

Larry L

My problem with Rapidtac has been it drys too fast and leaves a lot of trapped bubbles. I cut it 30%- 50% especially if I'm in a sunny spot. For windows, I try dry if possible. Most of mine are inside reverse sticks. A nice look is a red or dark color patch on the inside and white or yellow on the outside. You get a nice 3D look.

DIGITAL360

Dry is king with car wraps etc. !! but If i do large installs with calendered material on windows i spray a little bit of soapy water(drop of babby shampoo in spray bottle) onto the glass after its cleaned and apply it with a rubber squeegee(window tinting squeegee) to get all the water out. when im done theres not even on bubble or drop of water left. it really lays down like bubble- free cast vinyl & holds up strong even past its durability. we do that with window tinting and so does everybody else so i see why it wouldnt work with large pieces of calendered vinyl. doing it for years & looks great.