• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What about your sign?

Craig Sjoquist

This is my current sign

Attachments

• july 4 12 017.JPG
    july 4 12 017.JPG
    264.3 KB · Views: 105

signage

Craig isn't it a little hard taking a lighted sign to the customer and installing it with that type vehicle:help:tongue:

Glad to see you got it back!

Last edited:

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Two weeks after an errant spare tire hopped off a passing truck, I'm kinda glad our old sign got destroyed.

This one is made from a slab of gray granite and Unilock landscaping block. I think I'm going to mulch around it instead of the pavers.

JB

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 96

James Burke

Here's a better photo...it was damp this morning and the photo above didn't do it much justice.

It's more or less a driveway marker...something unobtrusive, yet lets customers know where I am.

JB

Attachments

• Sign.jpg
    Sign.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 97

deane

Here is my shop sign. It is made from HDU and routed by hand. This was before I had a CNC. The Clark Signs is 23 carat gold leaf and everything is painted with one-shot.

Attachments

• shop sign.jpg
    shop sign.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 89

Sticky Signs

People seem to think it's strange that I don't have a sign out front of my shop. I don't even have anything on my vehicle. I have my reasons. ;)

Craig Sjoquist

Brian Signage
Well just for laughs thought I put this up on how I move signs, equipment, Advertise, supplies, move about and building another trailer to pull that will carry 500lbs plus and for my scaffolding to haul.

Seems kinda slow indeed but my work flow is not high since I prefer to do hand lettered advertising in a town that is really fast paced.

James Burke

I have my reasons. ;)

Now we're curious. Of all the professions out there, why would you not want to exhibit your work?

You make it sound like proctology....just kiddin'. But seriously...I wonder what their signs might look like?

JB

wildside

great stuff being shown :thumb:

i am still at a standstill with my idea for the side of our building, some inspiring stuff, but my mind hasn't been jarred hard enough yet i think :Big Laugh plus been to busy to sit back down with it and work on it

signswi

great stuff being shown :thumb:

i am still at a standstill with my idea for the side of our building, some inspiring stuff, but my mind hasn't been jarred hard enough yet i think :Big Laugh plus been to busy to sit back down with it and work on it

Are you allowed to paint the brick on the building? Just curious. The color and appearance is really limiting and very specific to it's time period. Can be worked around but if you have options to alter it, that opens things up.

wildside

i could paint the building, my only issue with it is, i do not look forward to the idea of painting it every few years, i love the no maintenance brick

but i agree the blonde brick color just "blands" the look of the building

James Burke

i could paint the building, my only issue with it is, i do not look forward to the idea of painting it every few years, i love the no maintenance brick

but i agree the blonde brick color just "blands" the look of the building

I would imagine there's some sort of stain that would enhance the color of the brick without having the maintenence issues of paint...contact a local mason and check into it.

JB

MindsEyeOpen

We finally built a new sign for our shop recently. Our old one was hideous. Here are some pics of the new one. I'll try to get some illuminated shots of it soon.

Attachments

• 20120718_171101 (Large).jpg
    20120718_171101 (Large).jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 119
  • 20120718_171113 (Large).jpg
    20120718_171113 (Large).jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 103

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Made from scraps

LOL, I wouldn't expect anything else...

here's mine.

It was filled with neon, but when I bought this building and moved the sign, I took out the neon. The building is in a residential neighborhood, off the main road and I didn't think the neighbors would like this thing on at night. I built this for my old location that was on a 40K daily traffic road, I no longer want walk-ins, so the sign is only up because i didn't have the heart to scrap it.

I think its about 11-12 years old, all the red faded out of the rainbow fade as you can see...

2012-07-26 13.14.26.jpg

Atomic DNA

The Atomic part are custom channel letters on black alucobond that is backlit with red LED. The white portion is white neon and the biohazard globe is a formed lexan half "globe" with lime green neon in it. The silver part is a mirror chrome that is sprayed on the inside.

The AIRBRUSH is simple red channel letters. Overall length is 25'.

Attachments

• IMG_4471.jpg
    IMG_4471.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 81