• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What are you doin all night?

jkdbjj

Finding good help is hard. I'm very lucky to have the people I do. I know if I leave work will get done. I have a guy who designs prints installation. He does anything and falls into place as we need him. Once toy find the right person. do what you can to hold on to them.
I had you in mind when I was wondering about what other shops do.
I do have the chance to hire such a person. He use to work for me, when I first opened. However, it simply wasn't busy enough to keep him.
Years later he is chomping at the bit to get back into the industry, as he is doing something else right now. But he does also, design, install and operate the equipment. Indeed a rare find.
I have already talked to him about me pulling the trigger and telling him to quit his job, but I keep talking myself out of it.

Thanks for the comments, BTW.

jkdbjj

After hours here, everyone leaves me alone. Its the only time I can actually work. Front doors locked, I go in the back, crank the tunes and crank out work. I have my old bands full stage amps, board and loudspeakers set up in my rear production for my listening pleasure after hours. Tonight's music pic is Five Finger Death Punch and American Head Charge :rock-n-roll:

Tonight I am screening out a few 50 - 100 piece shirt orders. The Mutoh is up front running away printing out 50 full color last minute yard signs so that will keep someone busy for the day tomorrow. Then finish up 2 estimates due out tomorrow both for back lit face replacements.
Rock it out...

jkdbjj

So, from post one of this thread, to IT'S TIME TO GO HOME POST. I got these babies done, plus a bunch of other crapola.

Night all... Back in the wee hours to go install these things.

done.jpg

binki

Last year in August we had so many orders that we spent 38 hours working straight though. The only exception was each of us got 30 mins of sleep on the floor.

Today we are in the same boat, everything is due on Friday with no hope of getting it done.

The culprit is constant new orders walking in the door and not a separate crew for production.

We either need to hire more folks here or raise our prices.