• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What are you guys paying for Max Metal?

trakers

I feel like we get screwed every time we order Max Metal?

What are you guys paying for single & double sided, white, 4x8 sheets?
How much you buy at a time?

$60.95 for 2 sided, $52.95 for 1 sided, but we typically stock up when it's on sale and get them for around $40-45. I know if we buy more than ten sheets at any given time, they will give us a bulk order discount as well.

rossmosh

The price of this type of material is directly linked with the aluminum face thickness.

MaxMetal seems to have .006, .008, and .012" faces.
Alumet Economy ACM has .005" faces.
Alumet Premium ACM has .008" faces.
DiBond has .012" Faces.
Nglantz is .004, .008, and .006.

So make sure you're comparing apples to apples when looking into this.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
That's about what we pay for MaxMetal from Grimco. Unfortunately, you have to make sure they have your pricing set up with a discount - told them I can order it cheaper through 2 other sources and they matched pricing...
This. Most of our suppliers (Reece, Grimco, Glantz, etc) were always happy to price match.

trakers

We try to buy a larger amount when it is "on sale". Looks like they are gigging us for about $5 a sheet.
Just seems like it depends on the salesperson, the day of the week, the time of day and the phase of the moon on what prices we are offered.

Thanks for the feedback.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Find a plastics supplier like Laird or Piedmont. We pay $46/sheet for .012" faced ACP and it prints and cuts way better than MaxMetal. Grimco on any product from China is gouging due to "tarrifs" while every other supplier is holding strong or inching up compared to their leaps.