• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What are your thoughts on the S80600?

Christian @ 2CT Media

These machines go to different locations and print/cut machines are perfect. The work we do need no laminate or have the room for additional equipment. I would like feedback on other print/cut machines.
You would still be served better by 3 higher speed printers and 2-3 cutters than 6 print cuts

Pideas

I run a HP latex now and like that I can print and laminate right off the printer. Also, I'm able to replace the printheads on my own. What's the cost to have an Epson tech come in and replace the printheads? Is there any other maintenance that needs to be performed by a Epson tech that can't be performed by the user?

I agree that the print quality looks better off the Epsons than the HP latex.

Pippip

But how often are you replacing print heads? From threads on here you could be through a good few each year. An Epson maybe once every few years.

CanuckSigns

I run a HP latex now and like that I can print and laminate right off the printer. Also, I'm able to replace the printheads on my own. What's the cost to have an Epson tech come in and replace the printheads? Is there any other maintenance that needs to be performed by a Epson tech that can't be performed by the user?

I agree that the print quality looks better off the Epsons than the HP latex.

People seem to get confused comparing HP's replacable printheads to solvent heads. yes the HP print heads are easy to change and cheap to buy, because they are a consumable item, meaning you will be replacing them on a regular basis. A standard solvent head does not need replacement under normal conditions, in fact I've never had to replace a print head on any solvent machine I've owned in 15 years out of the warrantee period (damn Roland Tru-Vis).

So yes the HP heads are cheap and easy to replace, but over the span of 4 years, the cost of all those "cheap" printheads adds up to quite a lot vs. solvent heads that should last 4+ years without replacement as long as you maintain your machine.

8 heads @ $150 each, replaced every 6 months is $9600 over a 4 year span, I know some will say they don't replace their heads that frequently, but a few shops I've spoken to do, or else they run into quality issues.