• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What best describes your location?

where do you work out of?

• Big Box Mall

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Small Strip Mall

Votes: 21 13.2%
  • Off Main Street, but decent traffic count

Votes: 36 22.6%
  • Industrial Park Setting

Votes: 43 27.0%
  • Home

Votes: 51 32.1%
  • Other

Votes: 8 5.0%

• Total voters

Doyle

approx. 1500 sf in a great location on a busy highway. Building is OLD and falling apart, appearance from outside is so-so, we have a single garage bay large enough to accommodate a cargo van/medium pickup. My father owns the building (I have great rent) but I would love to move into a more updated/nicer shop...

Ken

I voted home-based but the shop is actually on the adjacent property..a 30 second commute. I really would like to have a drive-in bay for vehicles.
Cheers!
Ken

Jillbeans

I find it rather amusing that one of the largest sections is working from home, a choice not originally offered on the poll.
Love....Jill

SKADSIGNS

We wanted to work from home but city regulations do not allow it. We could have done like many and ignored the regulations but thats not my style. So we lease a 800sq ft "flex"sace. It has 10x20 office with 30x20 shop space. Want to expand the office a little to have more "conditioned" space to work in.

ChiknNutz

Currently in a 32' x 40' shop with 13 foot ceiling on our property. May have to go to a retail/industrial location by end of October as the neighbor complained back in June and got the county on us. Have since smoothed things over with the neighbor, but once the county is on you...gotta comply. We are on an R-5 (rural 5 acre) and code says your a bldg. used for business must be 85 feet from property line....and we're about 30 feet. So, now have to see if we can get a variance. However, getting an industrial location may be best bet after all as we can then have more employees when the time comes (currently allowed only 1 or 3 depending on how you interpret the code).

Yup, now moving this week to an industrial location. Previous tenant put a pile o'money in this place, so we get to reap the benefits. Funny thing is we actually know the previous tenants, but didn't know this was there place immediately. Normally these particular bldgs are just a shell and a bathroom. This one is complete with front reception area, crapload of cabinets, office space, "clean" room, kitchen, loft that can be used as additional work area, tankless hot water heater, professional network cabling, drywall, etc. Plus it has a large roll up door, about 12'w x 16'h I'd guess. Main floor space is about 2180, plus upstairs loft area is approx. 700SF or so. It also has 3-phase power for when I get that CNC ;-). Kinda scarey, kinda exciting.