• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what blade for 1/8" letters?

LMSigns24

I need to cut 1/8" letters and am having trouble. They are not cutting the letter the whole way. Is there a certain blade for very small lettering? I am using a camm 1 pro by roland.

LMSigns24

My customer brought in very small letters that some other guy used to cut for him. I knew it was small but when i did it, i couldnt cut it. How did that other guy cut that small and I can't? I thought it would be a challenge to weed, but I can't even get past the cutting.

Border

That's a job for a tangential (sp?) cutter rather than a drag knife cutter like yours. The tangential cutter physically turns the blade rather than just dragging it around corners.

os101king

you're pushing the limits of that cutter. ran roland camm 1's for a long time, did plenty of tiny cutting, but that's close. best I can suggest is a VERY sharp (brandy-new) blade and the lowest pressure you can get away with. the condition of your cutter strip will play heavily on this as well. it must also be new or near-new.

ChicagoGraphics

Try a new 60 degree blade, but an 1/8" letter is almost impossible to cut.
The weeding will take you longer then anything else.