• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What causes this?

signsnowdaytona

This is being printed on a HPL26500 with Briteline 2203 and doesn't really look like headstrikes. I tried increasing the vacuum pressure but that didn't seem to help. It also happens on good vinyls like 3m IJ 180 but not as much. Any help would be appreciated. For reference that L is about 2'' tall and the picture is configured so that the bottom of the picture is heading toward the take up reel.
P1030927C.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Looks more like static than anything else, but down in Florida, I doubt that's the case, along with the uniformity at like every 1/2".

aerospacial

does this happens AFTER a head crash ?!
if so, do a visual check and see if there is a small piece os adhesive sticked to the printhead carrier.

other problem could be not enough heat temper.

Carlos.

signsnowdaytona

Hasn't been any head "crashes" that I know of. As for a piece of debris hanging from a head or the assembly that holds the heads, I think that's the most likely scenario. Now I just have to figure out how to look under there...

Aklaim

I think I know what that is. You might have some fibers attached to the bottom of the carriage and they are getting dragged through the ink while its still wet. If you print banners, go look at the end of your roll of banner, if you see little fibers and thin hairs, those can easily get pulled off the end of the banner and find themselves attached to the carriage. This exact thing happened to me on the same printer about a year ago and my tech was convinced we had a cat living in the shop. No cat, just banner. Use a blow torch to remove the fibers off the roll before you feed it into the machine. Hope this helps.

signsnowdaytona

Thank you Aklaim, I think it is something hanging from the print head assembly, even though I print all my banners on a Mimaki JV3-160 (mostly to give it something to do). The problem is how do I remove something from the bottom of the printheads?

Aklaim

Thank you Aklaim, I think it is something hanging from the print head assembly, even though I print all my banners on a Mimaki JV3-160 (mostly to give it something to do). The problem is how do I remove something from the bottom of the printheads?

That's a question best answered by a tech. I know mine had to disassemble a good portion of our machine to get access to where he needed.