• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What credit card is good for receiving payment.

decalman

Due to circumstances, I'm kicking up a summer mail order for graphics sales. I was using PayPal , but they aren't cool.
I'm looking for a simple and easy way to receive payment over the phone. What's a good company for this ?

equippaint

We use intuit gopayment and square. Gopayment is our go to. They deposit the entire amount of the sale and then withdraw their charge which makes accounting (bookkeeping) much easier. Then you have a full payment to apply and a separate cc expense. Square deposits the amount minus the fees so when you apply payments, they are always short. For this reason, I hate square and wouldnt use it if I didnt have to.
Whats wrong with paypal? From what i read they have some of the best rates. We take it too and never had any issues.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
We use intuit gopayment and square. Gopayment is our go to. They deposit the entire amount of the sale and then withdraw their charge which makes accounting (bookkeeping) much easier. Then you have a full payment to apply and a separate cc expense. Square deposits the amount minus the fees so when you apply payments, they are always short. For this reason, I hate square and wouldnt use it if I didnt have to.
Whats wrong with paypal? From what i read they have some of the best rates. We take it too and never had any issues.

Paypal should be investigated.. they can screw you 6 ways to Sunday.

ams

I have a credit card machine, can either swipe or manually put in. My fees are extremely low.

Billct2

I also have a cc machine. I've had a few different companies and they always end up raising rates/costs. Last time I wanted to switch asked some of my customers who they were using and if they were happy and went with one of them. Lots of competition in that market.

Reveal1

Square is your best option for swipes or invoicing, but avoid if manually entering.
Just curious - I use Square to occasionally manually enter when and have had a great experience. Something I'm missing? We also use their online invoicing also which allows customer to enter own card information securely on line.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We have a machine which uses the chip, swipe or manually put the numbers in. We just changed over back in December. Never costs us more than $10. a month. Never. In fact, most times it's free and we get money back. I think almost every month, we received credit in our account. Not sure how it works, just know it the best thing, since sliced bread.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
We have a machine which uses the chip, swipe or manually put the numbers in. We just changed over back in December. Never costs us more than $10. a month. Never. In fact, most times it's free and we get money back. I think almost every month, we received credit in our account. Not sure how it works, just know it the best thing, since sliced bread.

What?? You talking about JUST the machine cost or the processing fees?
You get the Salmon yet? Cause that sounds fishy!

Just curious - I use Square to occasionally manually enter when and have had a great experience. Something I'm missing? We also use their online invoicing also which allows customer to enter own card information securely on line.

If you use square for clients to pay invoices online, give waveapps a try... I switched to it because it has much better invoicing options (like split payments) and is like square on steroids.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What?? You talking about JUST the machine cost or the processing fees?
You get the Salmon yet? Cause that sounds fishy!

The machine was completely free. The monthly costs are basically free and the processing cost..... costs us nothing at all. As long as we have enough sales to go through, our monthly cost will also be free and we receive credit in our account. So far, we're making money with this one. ;)

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
The machine was completely free. The monthly costs are basically free and the processing cost..... costs us nothing at all. As long as we have enough sales to go through, our monthly cost will also be free and we receive credit in our account. So far, we're making money with this one. ;)

So the machine and monthly fee are free but you still pay the regular processing rates right? Like 1, 2 or 3%?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So the machine and monthly fee are free but you still pay the regular processing rates right? Like 1, 2 or 3%?

No, follow along here.
  • The machine is completely free to bring into the shop and have hooked up.
  • Monthly fee is $10.00, unless we run enough CC sales through in a month's time..... then that too, is free. We don't pay it.
  • The 2%, 3%, 4% fees are not paid by us at all, hence that too is free to us.
  • If we run enough CC sales through, we will be credited and receive money in our account for doing business with them.

They are essentially paying us to have a credit card machine. So far every month except January, we ran lotsa CC sales and made money each and every month, above the cost of the sign transaction portion, for having this unit.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
No, follow along here.
  • Monthly fee is $10.00, unless we run enough CC sales through in a month's time..... then that too, is free. We don't pay it.
  • If we run enough CC sales through, we will be credited and receive money in our account for doing business with them.

They are essentially paying us to have a credit card machine. So far every month except January, we ran lotsa CC sales and made money each and every month, above the cost of the sign transaction portion, for having this unit.

Thats what I thought but it just sounds unreal. You said the 2,3 or 4% fees are not paid by you so who pays them? Can you share who this company is? I'd really like to take a look but it sounds too good to be true. (Not that I think your not right, just sounds too unbelievably good and I may want to look at it to see if I can get in on whatever game their playing...because SOMEONE has to pay those fees. My one and only friend runs a credit card processing business so I have a little insight on how the game is played)

Christian @ 2CT Media

If you manually key in charges Square charges 3.5% which is ridiculous

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
No, follow along here.

This screams scam to me. How exactly do they stay in business if their customers never pay them money and then give their customers free money?! Even Amazon doesn't get a deal like that.

Christian @ 2CT Media

No, follow along here.

That cannot be possible unless they are charging your clients the fee and that goes against most CC company T&Cs without prior consent from the cardholder.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
This screams scam to me. How exactly do they stay in business if their customers never pay them money and then give their customers free money?! Even Amazon doesn't get a deal like that.

Your right. The processor has costs. They have to pay transaction fees too, customer support and client acquisition costs, hardware costs and maintenance, everything a normal business does, they also need insurance in case one of their clients goes bust and stiffs them with chargebacks. No company can offer this for free. Square at 3.5% is still reportedly loosing money.