Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What credit card is good for receiving payment.

Discussion in 'Business Management' started by decalman, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    There is never anything outta YOUR pocket if you do a few CC sales a month, but the most you would ever spend is $10, if no sales went through for a month.

If you or anyone else wants information on this..... PM and I will get you the information. There are a few ways this can be handled, but my contact can explain it to you. He can do all of United States and Canada and as far as I know, its a great setup.

2. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    DFW
    It's like saying, "Hey we will give you free signs, and if you get enough business from it we'll actually pay you for your signs" Just doesn't make sense.

Good thing your not posting his info publicly, when this becomes searchable on the internet he would so many calls AT&T would shut down. Get prepared for an onslaught of PMs

3. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Ya know, you're all correct. This IS a scam, so don't bother me with any questions. I was willing to help, but since y'all have a better method, just stick to what ya know.

:thankyou:

4. Texas_Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    DFW
    Lol, I'm not trying to tick you off or say your wrong or anything... I believe you an intelligent person and I'm sure you realize your processing setup is fishy and you must have done some sort of vetting to see if this is real or not. If you didn't you may want to look into what you getting into because this sounds way too good to be true. Maybe they are credit card scammers and they are collecting numbers to rip people off or rip off your bank account one day? I'm just saying you may need to look into this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    You did not tick me off. That's almost impossible. You've proved that countless times.

I will just say, I am not in any harm's way with this set up. It's quite ashame so many of you think differently. I'm not here to push anything in someone's face who is not interested in at least.... listening to the facts from the actual company. Having one's mind made up before knowing all the facts is a not too pretty good system. It's one thing to learn from past mistakes, but you'll never learn anything if you keep your heads in the sand.

Carry on..... The end.

6. Texas_Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    DFW
    Not having all the facts? What facts have you not shared? You shared enough for me to draw a conclusion. Unless there's some sort of gotcha my conclusion stays the same

7. equippaint

equippaint Very Active Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Florida
    Gino, does this deal have anything to do with a happy ending?

8. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    For me, it does..............................:clapping:

9. Texas_Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    DFW
    I'm shocked you support undercutting like this. He's priced below market and is price whoreing. These new guys come, offer to give it away and hurts all the other processors. Isn't that what you always complain about? You get what you pay for, customer doesn't know any different. Lol

10. equippaint

equippaint Very Active Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Florida
    Is that how you hurt your knee?

11. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Nah, a fish kicked me. :popcorn:

It's still a happy ending. Actually, it hasn't ended yet, as I'm having surgery Friday and the CC machine will continue, regardless of what others think.

12. unclebun

unclebun Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Osage Beach, MO
    I bet it's a deal like what is described in this article: https://www.cardfellow.com/blog/free-credit-card-processing/

13. VanderJ

VanderJ Merchant Member - Printer Parts and Sevice

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
  14. Texas_Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    DFW
    I talked to my friend in the processing business and he described it just like the above link. There is no getting away from the fees, they just charge the customer up to 4% separately at the time you charge them, which any of us can do BTW. He said they make a killing on that 4%. He said I'd come out ahead charging the 4% and pocketing the 1% for myself.

15. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    Can't charge your customer those surcharges in these states: Eleven states—California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, New York, Oklahoma and Texas—and Puerto Rico have laws that prohibit merchants from charging consumers with surcharges on credit card transactions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Texas_Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    DFW
    Funny how when I have to make a payment to the DMV or recently for my gun license, they charge me a percentage to pay CC

17. 2B

2B Moderator

May 5, 2011
    TX
    as well as the Comptroller of Public Accounts
    was told that becuase the location of the prcessor is outside of the state, this is what allows them to charge a "processing" fee

18. Texas_Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    DFW
    Wow, you can't make this stuff up.

So maybe I'll establish myself in Oklahoma and do all my work in Texas as an out-of-stater..maybe I can get past the sales tax law then.

19. The Vector Doctor

The Vector Doctor Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Ohio
    Every processor I have used over the years charges the same amount or more for manually entering card info. Has anyone got a better rate for no-swipe/manual entry? I don't have the advantage of swiping cards so I always pay higher fees

20. Texas_Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    DFW
    2.9%