Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you all get?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Texas_Signmaker, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    I got a bunch of embroidered Carhartt gear with my logo. What a thoughtful gift.

What did yall get?

Tags:
  2. Notarealsignguy

Notarealsignguy Very Active Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    A lump of coal and my two front teeth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  3. SignMeUpGraphics

SignMeUpGraphics Moderator

Apr 11, 2012
    Australia
    New mezzanine floor got installed 2 days ago. 33% more floor space. Should make production a bit easier. Last 6 months I haven't seen much of the floor.

• Like Like x 3
    • Pure Genius! Pure Genius! x 1
  4. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    I got some very festive, bright red boxer-briefs that I may, or may not, model on my Geriatric Onlyfans channel.

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. ikarasu

ikarasu Very Active Member

Jun 10, 2016
    Port Coquitlam, bc
    I got nothing! And happy about it.

I think X-mas should be for kids. Adults can buy whatever they want... so odds are whatever gift you get goes in a drawer or bin somewhere never to be used, and all the money you spent on someone else is just doing the same thing.

corporate gifts are a bit different... We give out wine / wine bottle openers, etc to all our good customers. We got a few gift baskets in return, but thats it.

6. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Not all adults can buy whatever they want.

Gift giving, even spontaneous gift giving regardless if it's for a child or for an adult does deliver endorphins that actually have a health benefit. It's a good "high" if you will. Some people wrap it up into a culture aspect(Japanese are big on gift giving throughout the year with their culture), westerners have Xmas.

While the "high" doesn't come with every gift that one gives everyone (that goes for kids and for adults), I wouldn't so quickly dismiss the good benefits that it can bring as well and just stick with one demographic.

There is a good "high" though from people that give and for people that receive gifts.

7. Stacey K

Stacey K I like making signs

Jun 20, 2018
    Wisconsin
    My parents bought me this speaker thing per my sister telling me I NEEDED it...she was right. This thing rocks! I can't believe how loud it is, my neighbors can't hear me sign because I can't either LOL

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  8. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    From what I heard teeth are expensive... sounds like you made out.
    I got one of those last year! They are really loud and have decent sound for how small they are. It connects to my phone and I stream from it and play it in the shop.

9. Jeff grossman

Jeff grossman Living the dream

Nov 17, 2018
    Pa 19320
    A X mas card with news and an ultrasound photo of my 1st grandson due in June . Best present ever ! Also got the slippers and socks I asked for .... the older I get the less I need or want

• Like Like x 4
    • OMG / Wow! OMG / Wow! x 1
  10. mfatty500

mfatty500 Active Member

May 10, 2010
    Sugar Grove, Ill
    I got pair of pants and a piece of tail, and they were both to big...

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Greg Kelm

Greg Kelm Member

Aug 20, 2019
    Rancho Cucamonga
    Bought myself a ShopSabre plasma table, does that count?

• Like Like x 1
  12. jochwat

jochwat Graphics Department

Oct 15, 2016
    Michigan City, IN
    I got the same thing I get every year, as shown in the photo. Sure, I bought it, and then cooked it... but the result is still a gift! And it keeps on giving, as there are still leftovers. Oh, and a travel mug & a bag of Dunkin' coffee. :)

Attached Files:

13. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    I got me a ShopSabre router myself! Stupid thing has been installed since December 1, waiting on a 3 phase wet location motor starter to be installed at this point, but it looks nice...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Boudica

Boudica Active Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Spokane, WA
    I got a back massager, that you put on a chair, or the couch. I also got a yoga mat, to go with my Nordic Track cross fit training... No more beach towel for me!

15. Johnny Best

Johnny Best Very Active Member

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    "piece of tail"? Did you take any pics of her, now that is a Christmas present!

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 2
  16. Gene@mpls

Gene@mpls Very Active Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Blaine, Mn
    Napoleon field cannon- .50 cal that fires. [self gifted]

• Like Like x 2
  17. Geneva Olson

Geneva Olson Expert Storyteller

Sep 3, 2019
    Webster, TX

18. MikePatterson

MikePatterson Head bathroom cleaner.

I got a few new guns. Christmas isn't complete without guns and ammo. The shop got a new printer, screw compressor, and almost finished 2nd location. The bucket truck got some new install tools. The kiddo got a metric **** ton of stuff.

19. WhiskeyDreamer

WhiskeyDreamer Professional Snow Ninja

Aug 6, 2007
    Riften
    Got some awesome little stuff that I'd mentioned throughout the year (my husband keeps a running list on his phone of things I say I want!!), but I was probably most excited about the Paint Puck. It's going to make my arting easier. I also got a new-to-me vehicle last Wednesday, but that wasn't a gift. I had to pay for it. hahahahaha

• Like Like x 1
  20. Geneva Olson

Geneva Olson Expert Storyteller

Sep 3, 2019
    Webster, TX
    New lights installed in the shop...