• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion What did you have.................... ??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Had hot dogs for lunch, today !! Didn't grow them in the garden. Yeah, we too, have all kindsa herb boxes in our patio. She dehydrates them and we have all kindsa fresh stuff that way. Just wish we could grow pizza trees and $50 trees.... ya know, the ones where all the leaves are $50 bills.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Nothing yet...waiting for the tomatoes, onions and peppers so I can can salsa. Then we have potatoes and sweet corn, pumpkins and sunflowers for decoration.

Attachments

• IMG_0953.jpeg
    IMG_0953.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 79

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Nice setup.

Here's ours from three weeks ago. Was out this weekend and almost all of the tomato plants are taller than me.

2019 july garden eggplant more tomatoes.jpg
2019 july garden onions and tomatoes.jpg

Stacey K

I like making signs
Looks good, how do you keep the deer out of it?
I'm not sure to be honest. My boyfriend and his boys are always randomly shooting guns off for target practice (not at deer) and driving 4 wheelers around. Had some turkeys in it the other day and the dog chased them away. There's deer in the field but they don't travel to the garden...unless you just jinxed me! LOL

BUCKY

I am with Johnny. I go to the garden store. My Wife used to get into gardens but after a few years of the excessive weeds, low crop results, and our German Sheppard eating all her Cherry tomatoes....
she gave up.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The only live bodies that can get in our garden are those who know how to open the locks on the doors and pull open the doors. Other than that, nothing but insects, flutterbies and bees can get in. Bird netting keeps out almost every size bird in the area. The steel coating are 1/4", so not even a mouse or mole can get in. Along the whole perimeter, I originally dug down 15" and out 15" and buried the same 1/4" steel coating and laid it in on a 30" piece with a 90º angle and covered it up with dirt. Any animals that come up to the fence and wanna burrow under it can't cause they'll run into that. They'd hafta be smart enough to start 16" out..... go down 18" and burrow about 2 foot and then back up to get in. None of them can think that far ahead. Made it as full-proof as I could. Tired of sharing with the deer, raccoons, opossums, groundhogs, turkeys, cats, squirrels, birds, rabbits, moles and voles. However, of all things, I've found several toads in there. Stupid as all get out, but at least they eat their share of bugs.

Haven't had to water yet, this year. It's been that wet. Have all the irrigation set up, but haven't needed it.