• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What do I do?!

Joe Diaz

Earth has nothing to do with it, when you want to find silly loopholes to make the other look bad, you start using emotional stunts. You would've been better off saying Joe to Gino, cause I wasn't talking about Earth in any regards. I realize the lady isn't his customer, but she did threaten him and in the filed he makes his living. She threatened his reputation and workmanship. That constitutes a confrontation. Understand this Joe, confrontation does not mean you have to butt heads and have a cat fight with the lady. It can also mean meeting of persons face to face, an open conflict of opposing ideas, forces, etc. or a bringing together of ideas, themes, etc., for comparison. It's you who is being narrow minded about words, now. Also, another area you are falling short on is defending one's self or accusing another in court, no matter what level of a court you are in. As you must've forgotten already, I said I would/will take a deadbeat to court in a New York second for various reasons, but getting the second half of payment for whatever reason they concocted not to pay is the main one. When they deny things in court, you are required to defend yourself against their accusations.

Oh I'm sorry I thought this was a conversation about the topic at hand not everything else that is rattling around in your head. And you started all the personal crap. I simply started the thread out stating that I disagree with those who suggested he sat down with her and possibly make a deal with her. I'm sorry that seems to upset you so much. But it's what I believe and what OUR experience has shown us. You came back with the "you are not thinking clearly" "stoopid" "deadbeat" comments. Not me. I don't have to make you "look bad" You are doing a fine job of that on your own. I think it's odd that you seem to think everyone is trying to do that to you all the time. I simply said I disagree, then defended my position and tried my hardest to stay on topic. Speaking of on topic, If people have this much trouble agreeing on things like this on this forum, imagine trying to come to an agreement with this lady, who I hope we can all agree is being unreasonable. (Can we at least agree on that?) That's the main reason why I disagree with the idea of trying to reason with her. There is a high chance that it won't go anywhere, or even make things worst.

Joe, you stated your parents business has gone to court for bad pay from a customer. Same here. However, they usually have some stoopid story as to why they shouldn't have to pay and that's where the paper trail, before and after pictures and an outlined written letter explaining the entire episode will help you win your case and needing a lawyer for that is generally a gross waste of money. The only reason one needs attorneys are when you don't know how to handle or conduct yourself in a court of law, or you feel the outcome needs help from your end.
First of all no one is arguing about having your ducks in a row, and in this case it seems as though he does. Even if he didn't have a before photo at first he does now. That being said it certainly doesn't mean he needs to meet with her and compare notes. In fact an attorney would recommend not to if a lawsuit or the threat of one is involved. If this were something to worry about, which based on what 401 has posted, it doesn't seem like it is, I would recommend having a lawyer contact her or her lawyer if a lawsuit is on the table. Either way, If she takes him to court, she takes him to court, he has evidence proving his point, and no one is arguing that he shouldn't get paperwork and other evidence together.

If you think what I suggested is wrong, that's your prerogative. However, to tell others what I'm saying is wrong and it's better to hide behind apron strings or just ignore a problem, that's not only childish, it's outright foolish. Also, if someone threatened to sue you and you don't discuss it first with them, why are you still gonna just ignore them ?? If this method has been working for you as you proclaimed, then I must presume you are used to ignoring threats of being sued and non-payment and just hoped for the best. Perhaps this is why this comes quickly to mind for you ?? Kinda like at church where after offering, the usher throws all the money in the offering plate up in the air and whatever God catches is His and whatever falls on the floor is the ushers, huh ??
I said, in this case, based on what 401 has stated, she has no case against him, so it is highly unlikely that anything will result from it, again, based on what 401 has stated. It's not hiding, to ignore her. What it actual is is not giving her threats credibility, Taking him to court is going to cost her because she is wrong, so she probably wont, and if she was crazy enough to sue him anyway, sitting down to talk about it wouldn't accomplish anything, in fact it might make this clearly unreasonable person even more angry when she finds out she can't get her way.

If you noticed, I said I have another lawyer for personal. In civil matters and other incidents..... THEN an attorney is 100% necessary, but not in black & white contracts between two little companies.
Again, there is no contract with this person. Are you actually reading this thread?

Mainframe

If you show up to do an install and find problems (that actually should have been caught on the site survey) with a neighboring sign or the sign itself, before touching anything, stop and quote a repair for the problem, it would then save a lot of typing about what to do after you were blamed for something that is not your fault. make sure they get a copy and document the reply.
Now you can do your work.
Sometimes I refuse to work on a sign that needs repairs for safety reasons. 4 years ago a developer asked me to quote pan faces on a pylon sign that had the top panels blow out. when I went up there to look at it I found the retainers on the whole sign were too thin and too narrow and coming off everyplace, I figured out a fix and quoted him for it, and also the new faces, I also told him I thought the sign was poorly designed and needed replaced.
He called me back bragging how my competition quoted half my price and said he thought I was trying to rip him off, I told him good luck and stood my ground, 6 months later the face blew out again, 4 months after that a new pylon went in.. go figure..

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Rattling in my head ??

Joe, you are so rattled right now, you can't think or write straight anymore.

I'm done. You're right. Just tell anyone that calls you out on something a lying bugger and tell them you'll see 'em in court. That seems like the most logical way to promote yourself and your family business. Hope you're not this upset and emotional when you're out for sh!ts & giggles. Good greif, but you're loaded time-bomb.

I guess the rest of the people posting in are all wrong too for suggesting to do it right from the beginning instead of just winging it and tucking your head under your wing.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
my thousand words...

That's too funny, but the real kicker is.... we just had our driveway torn out and a new one put in this summer and the guy told us to buy sand to put down where trucks and cars turn around to help prevent the macadam from getting buggered up. I have quite a it of sand in my shed and I have plenty left over, if anyone needs it...... even Joe. :ROFLMAO:

fresh

That...is...alot..of writing....

I have no idea what is even going on.

ALOT.png

Gino

Premium Subscriber
There must be peanuts down on the ground. Look at all those pigeons eating them. :munchie:

Well Ignatz, we've managed to thwart another one................... :rolleyes:

Joe Diaz

Rattling in my head ??

Joe, you are so rattled right now, you can't think or write straight anymore.

I'm done. You're right. Just tell anyone that calls you out on something a lying bugger and tell them you'll see 'em in court. That seems like the most logical way to promote yourself and your family business. Hope you're not this upset and emotional when you're out for sh!ts & giggles. Good greif, but you're loaded time-bomb.

You are freakin insane. Rattled? If anything this is demonstrating my point. You can't sit down and reason with crazy. But trust me I'm not losing sleep over one of your many, many, many, many, many tantrums here on this forum. Did you ever stop and wonder why you get into it with so many people here on this forum? It's got to be a weekly thing, if not daily. You probably don't even really realize you are doing it, do you? Perhaps it's not everyone else that's the problem. Perhaps it's you. If I'm a time bomb, you are a nuke rigged up to hairpin trigger that somehow reconstructs itself after it goes off so it's ready to blow the next morning. With over 24,000 posts I wonder what percentage of them are you freakin out on some poor soul? I wonder how many good people you have scared away as you attempt to be the king of signs101. Rattled? absolutely not. Sick of your crap? You betcha.

I guess the rest of the people posting in are all wrong too for suggesting to do it right from the beginning instead of just winging it and tucking your head under your wing.

I never said there was anything wrong with doing a job right from the get go, documenting your survey or even giving someone a heads up if their signs were installed poorly, you are presenting another one of Gino's famous straw man arguments. I was commenting on what I would do after this woman threatened to sue, since that's kind of... I don't know, THE QUESTION THE OP ASKED. Any other scenarios you have attempted to plug into this trainwreck is all beside the point. Good Lord, all because I had the nerve to say I disagree. I would love to be a fly on the wall at one of these meeting where your crazy goes head to head with some other crazy who is trying to sue you. I wonder how that would go down.:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I would love to be a fly on the wall at one of these meeting where your crazy goes head to head with some other crazy who is trying to sue you. I wonder how that would go down.:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

I think Mr. John may have a sketch of this up shortly...........

wayne k
guam usa

signworldusinc

Merchant Member
In most cases, the person threatening to sue rarely goes through with it. Good luck with this situation.

Warm regards,
Signworld Team

ProWraps

my humble advice, as well as what i would do in the situation is very simple. let your attorney handle it.

i dont care what the situation is, when someone threatens legal action, it is immediately forwarded to our attorney. thats is why we retain him.

there are no questions asked, and and no answers given. again, thats why we retain counsel. what happens from there, is in his hands as a trained legal professional as it should be.

good luck and dont let it stress you out too much.