• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What do I do?!

skyhigh

Hot damn! I have never in my life seen how some of you folks act to a damn woman that comes out of the gate popping off threats, any being a psycho biotch. How the hell do ya'll get in any work done

I'm betting, once he shows the google pics to this witch, that will be the end of the story. I doubt he will have more than 5 minutes into this. I wouldn't ignore her as others have suggested. I wouldn't be overly nice either.

and Gino what in the hell lands you in court so much?

Was wondering that myself. :covereyes:

401Graphics

Took pics today while i was on the property putting panels up on a different light box.
I did not see her (business was closed), or touch her sign.
As you can see the signs are on different tracks, there is no way the upper sign has anything to do with her sign falling in. Its the track on her sign that is upside down.
Also took a pic of her other sign on the building showing that the panel is slid out a bit, and that the sign guy that did her sign did it completely wrong, and she some how blames the landlord for the sign not lighting up. HELLOOOO there is a solid piece of black vinyl in the background, that is why your lettering doesn't light up! Check out that perfect kerning too! (he charged her $2500 from what she told me the night i put the other signs up).

Attachments

• DSC00814.jpg
    DSC00814.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC00815.jpg
    DSC00815.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC00827.jpg
    DSC00827.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC00813.jpg
    DSC00813.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 86

visual800

OMG that sign is a plethora of crap designs!:omg:

Dude she probably already knows this and just trying to blame someone for something. Screw her. I wouldnt fret anymore over this chick

Uhh is her sign on front of building slid out of the box?

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
I bet the company that made it, made it too short. I didn't fit in the tracks so they jury rigged it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hot damn! I have never in my life seen how some of you folks act to a damn woman that comes out of the gate popping off threats, any being a psycho biotch. How the hell do ya'll get in any work done

joe diaz solutions seem to be bestsolution right under mine that would be to just tell her to go **** herself.I can tell when someone wants something for nothing and it wont be taken off me. You think trash like her will "spread the word" please!

being nice and professional to psychos is a waste of breath and time blow them off and move on, be done with this. More than likely this woman has gone thru most of life trying to get this and that

and
Gino what in the hell lands you in court so much?

I'm betting, once he shows the google pics to this witch, that will be the end of the story. I doubt he will have more than 5 minutes into this. I wouldn't ignore her as others have suggested. I wouldn't be overly nice either.

Was wondering that myself. :covereyes:

I don't think it really matters to you guys or anyone else, but you are questioning, so....................

After some 40 years in business, one is bound to come into some lousy customers trying to rip you off.

Unlike some of you, which take the law into their own hands, I have chosen to always take 'before and after' pictures, for quoting purposes, proof of project and for times such as these. There have been people who have claimed this or that and in order to force the second half of payment, several legal methods need to be taken. I have no qualms about taking a deadbeat to court or to any other form of the legal system. I always have the law on my side and know that going in. When you approach a situation such as in this thread, it's a lotta he said this, she said that and no one wins, except the frickin' lawyers.

Shoving your head up your butt or in the sand and telling the customer to go ahead and sue me is a stoopid way of addressing a situation which requires attention. Wanna be a deadbeat yourself and lower yourself to their methods, go right ahead, but I don't understand that mentality regardless who is saying it. It's against the law anywhere US of A to repo your/their sign once they are installed and it's also negligent on your part if someone accuses you of something and you don't confront it at least to to try and settle it amenably.

Most of the membership here is either talking or complaining about :

• Not enough work
  • Others working too cheap
  • Can't find decent customers
  • Good paying jobs
  • Too much competition

If you work on getting a good customer base and stop p!ssing the neighborhood off, you will probably start seeing an increase in good paying jobs if you work within the system, rather than trying to beat it or being a smart a$$.

Rather, you see it as 'not giving giving a sh!t' sttitude will catch more flies than sugar water.

Well, to each their own, but I've never heard of dodging a confrontation as being to my benefit, unless the other guy is holding a gun. :omg:

Joe Diaz

Shoving your head up your butt or in the sand and telling the customer to go ahead and sue me is a stoopid way of addressing a situation which requires attention. Wanna be a deadbeat yourself and lower yourself to their methods, go right ahead, but I don't understand that mentality regardless who is saying it.
:banghead: deadbeat? Ohhh I don't know I would think trying to play lawyer yourself when you don't have the credentials or the know how to practice law, is "stoopid" as you put it. Going to small claims and trying to get paid is one thing, but If someone threatens to sue you over something like this, and then actually does...(which rarely happens) That's when we get a lawyer involved and that is why we have a lawyer(s). It's served us well so far. To advise people to try to address it on their own, when legal issues are involved, is "stoopid". We've been in business a long time too, and have only gone to court a few times, usually because we have customers who refuse to pay their final payment. We have always won, but that being said, a good lawyer won't just help you win cases, they will help you avoid going to court in the first place if someone were to threaten to sue you. Perhaps you should try it. Perhaps you wouldn't have to make so many trips to court.

It's against the law anywhere US of A to repo your/their sign once they are installed and it's also negligent on your part if someone accuses you of something and you don't confront it at least to to try and settle it amenably.
What does that have to do with anything. I didn't think this post was about repo-ing signs. He didn't install the sign, they don't owe him money, why would he repo? Are you senile or perhaps you should lay off the
:bushmill:

Most of the membership here is either talking or complaining about :

• Not enough work
  • Others working too cheap
  • Can't find decent customers
  • Good paying jobs
  • Too much competition

If you work on getting a good customer base and stop p!ssing the neighborhood off, you will probably start seeing an increase in good paying jobs if you work within the system, rather than trying to beat it or being a smart a$$.

Rather, you see it as 'not giving giving a sh!t' sttitude will catch more flies than sugar water.
Well, to each their own, but I've never heard of dodging a confrontation as being to my benefit, unless the other guy is holding a gun. :omg:

Since you are done ranting about how everyone else is so flawed, perhaps you won't have an issue with someone pointing out one of yours: You seem to feed off confrontation. You like the drama don't you? It's like you get your jollies from it. Perhaps that's why you go to court so much. Perhaps you actually enjoy it. What better place to argue than a court room right? Confrontation may be enjoyable for you, but I would argue it's not the best way to handle this lady. You may call me naive, but I've dealt with enough difficult people to know that it's naive to sit down with a hostile person who threatens to sue right out of the gate. Earlier in this post you said, "the lady is a few sandwiches short of a picnic, so this could become a lotta fun" It's also a massive waste of time to deal with an irrational person. (LOL yet here I am arguing with you.) If it's on a forum or Facebook that's one thing, but if it's your businesses, I don't know man, I would avoid the confrontation and I don't know maybe make some signs or something instead. You think that's stupid? I don't care. It's served us very well.

WildWestDesigns

. You may call me naive, but I've dealt with enough difficult people to know that it's naive to sit down with a hostile person who threatens to sue right out of the gate.

It's also a massive waste of time to deal with an irrational person.

I think there is a difference between actually trying to sit down and deal with a "tree stump" versus trying to still remain professional, while quickly "wrapping" up a situation and going on about your way as best that you can.

I imagine that this situation took place out in public where there could have been foot traffic that overheard the situation? If the other person is yelling and your telling them to go f themselves and the people that are going about their business over heard that, but yet don't have clear context as to what's going on, I would say the potential of doing more harm then good can happen. I know I wouldn't want to take a chance with two businesses that demonstrated themselves like that out in public, regardless of who was at fault. I wouldn't want to take the chance of what would set them off like that. I don't care who started it and/or who was in the wrong.

I'm not saying give in and do what she wants (either at a discount or for free), but try to be the cooler head and quickly get out of the conversation. But if you lose your temper or start using vulgar language, to me you have already lost rather or not you were the instigator. If by you being calmer does calm them down, maybe there could be something worked out. Usually when people start blustering right out of the gate, they are expecting a confrontation. I'm not saying that works all the time, or even some of the time, but by being calm, there is sometimes that potential and it does happen on occasion. But if you are a hot head right out of the gate as well using vulgarity, then I can promise you that what started out as a snowball's chance is non existent and you could do more harm then good to other people's perception of you as well. We all deal in perception, that's what a lot of us sell to our clients. Same goes for how we conduct ourselves as well.

MikePro

"ma'am, your sign is exactly as it was before we started working AROUND it. google images confirms your sign was installed this way dated back at least to 2011. It almost appears as though your sign was the result of a "quick-fix" to split a large tenant panel into two smaller tenant panels. I have no interest in fixing it for you, as I am a professional and you are clearly NUTS! Best of luck you your future endeavors."

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:banghead: deadbeat? Ohhh I don't know I would think trying to play lawyer yourself when you don't have the credentials or the know how to practice law, is "stoopid" as you put it. Going to small claims and trying to get paid is one thing, but If someone threatens to sue you over something like this, and then actually does...(which rarely happens) That's when we get a lawyer involved and that is why we have a lawyer(s). It's served us well so far. To advise people to try to address it on their own, when legal issues are involved, is "stoopid". We've been in business a long time too, and have only gone to court a few times, usually because we have customers who refuse to pay their final payment. We have always won, but that being said, a good lawyer won't just help you win cases, they will help you avoid going to court in the first place if someone were to threaten to sue you. Perhaps you should try it. Perhaps you wouldn't have to make so many trips to court.

One doesn't need credentials to represent oneself. The court will direct you completely, as long as you dot your 'i's and cross your 't's. In other words, have all your ducks lined up in a row. We have two attorneys and a third one for personal. None are on retainer, but will represent us immediately if need be. I never said a lawyer was a bad idea. I said telling a customer to go pound sand or ignoring them was a bad idea. What you spouted off about the few times you were in court and the reasons why... are exactly the same thing I said about us, yet you make a false accusation of my doing it, without any reference to you admitting you did the same thing.......hmmm odd, don't you think ?? Pot calling the kettle black ??

What does that have to do with anything. I didn't think this post was about repo-ing signs. He didn't install the sign, they don't owe him money, why would he repo? Are you senile or perhaps you should lay off the
:bushmill:

Has to do with the other half of what people on this site are always asking questions about. People here are either trying to get the second half of money through sheer force or by taking the customers signs down until final payment is made. The two most popular questions involving sign people who don't do their legwork upfront and then wanna get trigger happy and take the law into their own hands.

Since you are done ranting about how everyone else is so flawed, perhaps you won't have an issue with someone pointing out one of yours: You seem to feed off confrontation. You like the drama don't you? It's like you get your jollies from it. Perhaps that's why you go to court so much. Perhaps you actually enjoy it. What better place to argue than a court room right? Confrontation may be enjoyable for you, but I would argue it's not the best way to handle this lady. You may call me naive, but I've dealt with enough difficult people to know that it's naive to sit down with a hostile person who threatens to sue right out of the gate. Earlier in this post you said, "the lady is a few sandwiches short of a picnic, so this could become a lotta fun" It's also a massive waste of time to deal with an irrational person. (LOL yet here I am arguing with you.) If it's on a forum or Facebook that's one thing, but if it's your businesses, I don't know man, I would avoid the confrontation and I don't know maybe make some signs or something instead. You think that's stupid? I don't care. It's served us very well.

Joe, it's not a rant and as for the drinking, that's my business and has no effect on anything here. Representing one's self.... it's simply something which has been tried by me and has worked flawlessly to date. Confrontation, as I mentioned earlier, before you chimed in, is sometimes better than taking the passive role and just waiting for something to happen. Turning the cheek and eye to eye.... each have their time and place, but this is an area which sets some apart from others. I'm not sure if you went and represented the family business in your handful of times in court.... or again, talking from second hand information, but mine is all first-hand.... hands on application.

We're all a product of our environment. Joe, you do things your way, I do them my way and so many of the posters do things their way and they all post them as ways of getting the job done. I see many of the things people have suggested as possible problems, due to... doing some of them myself and either getting caught or seeing others get caught, hence why I consider them stoopid. Again, my suggestions are my own experiences and not what I've heard or been taught to avoid or enter into. To be a teacher, it helps when you're either book smarts or street learned and I've been both. Probably far more street smarts than anything else. You wanna go on and argue as you put it ?? I'd rather discuss it and possibly help future members here, but if you wanna still argue, just PM me and we'll argue over nothing. Out here, at least people have a chance to learn from real life scenarios and also things which have been passed down to children and employees as the things to watch out for in life and in business.

Joe Diaz

One doesn't need credentials to represent oneself. The court will direct you completely, as long as you dot your 'i's and cross your 't's. In other words, have all your ducks lined up in a row. We have two attorneys and a third one for personal. None are on retainer, but will represent us immediately if need be. I never said a lawyer was a bad idea. I said telling a customer to go pound sand or ignoring them was a bad idea. What you spouted off about the few times you were in court and the reasons why... are exactly the same thing I said about us, yet you make a false accusation of my doing it, without any reference to you admitting you did the same thing.......hmmm odd, don't you think ?? Pot calling the kettle black ??
Earth to Gino, She's not his C U S T O M E R. Also about our legal experiences, apparently, the main difference between you and us is that we have less experience going to court because we know how to avoid getting into a position where we need to go. Going to court to get paid is one thing, Going to court to defend yourself, is something entirely different. You talk about experience, we have had a handful of people threaten to sue us, In the past we have addressed it in two different possible ways: The way you are promoting, which was more trouble than it's worth, then ignoring them after they threaten to sue. Before the threat, sure we might try to figure out a way to patch up the relationship with the client, but after the threat of legal action, every time we have tried to reason with the person it was a huge waste of time. Either way the handful of times someone has threatened to sue us, the majority of the time they never actually did. If they actually did, we get our lawyer involved. When it's your business, we don't leave something like that to chance, we hire a professional.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Earth to Gino, She's not his C U S T O M E R. Also about our legal experiences, apparently, the main difference between you and us is that we have less experience going to court because we know how to avoid getting into a position where we need to go. Going to court to get paid is one thing, Going to court to defend yourself, is something entirely different. You talk about experience, we have had a handful of people threaten to sue us, In the past we have addressed it in two different possible ways: The way you are promoting, which was more trouble than it's worth, then ignoring them after they threaten to sue. Before the threat, sure we might try to figure out a way to patch up the relationship with the client, but after the threat of legal action, every time we have tried to reason with the person it was a huge waste of time. Either way the handful of times someone has threatened to sue us, the majority of the time they never actually did. If they actually did, we get our lawyer involved. When it's your business, we don't leave something like that to chance, we hire a professional.

Earth has nothing to do with it, when you want to find silly loopholes to make the other look bad, you start using emotional stunts. You would've been better off saying Joe to Gino, cause I wasn't talking about Earth in any regards. I realize the lady isn't his customer, but she did threaten him and in the filed he makes his living. She threatened his reputation and workmanship. That constitutes a confrontation. Understand this Joe, confrontation does not mean you have to butt heads and have a cat fight with the lady. It can also mean meeting of persons face to face, an open conflict of opposing ideas, forces, etc. or a bringing together of ideas, themes, etc., for comparison. It's you who is being narrow minded about words, now. Also, another area you are falling short on is defending one's self or accusing another in court, no matter what level of a court you are in. As you must've forgotten already, I said I would/will take a deadbeat to court in a New York second for various reasons, but getting the second half of payment for whatever reason they concocted not to pay is the main one. When they deny things in court, you are required to defend yourself against their accusations.

Joe, you stated your parents business has gone to court for bad pay from a customer. Same here. However, they usually have some stoopid story as to why they shouldn't have to pay and that's where the paper trail, before and after pictures and an outlined written letter explaining the entire episode will help you win your case and needing a lawyer for that is generally a gross waste of money. The only reason one needs attorneys are when you don't know how to handle or conduct yourself in a court of law, or you feel the outcome needs help from your end.

If you think what I suggested is wrong, that's your prerogative. However, to tell others what I'm saying is wrong and it's better to hide behind apron strings or just ignore a problem, that's not only childish, it's outright foolish. Also, if someone threatened to sue you and you don't discuss it first with them, why are you still gonna just ignore them ?? If this method has been working for you as you proclaimed, then I must presume you are used to ignoring threats of being sued and non-payment and just hoped for the best. Perhaps this is why this comes quickly to mind for you ?? Kinda like at church where after offering, the usher throws all the money in the offering plate up in the air and whatever God catches is His and whatever falls on the floor is the ushers, huh ??

If you noticed, I said I have another lawyer for personal. In civil matters and other incidents..... THEN an attorney is 100% necessary, but not in black & white contracts between two little companies.

skyhigh

I just want to know, are those screws thru the retainer holding that barber sign into the cabinet?
Doesn't look to be much holding that face from getting sucked out.

That entire cabinet is a nightmare.

p3

I agree with John Butto. Now is the perfect time to help raise your net promoters score - along with creating a business connection if things can be resolved. Is it worth her running and telling 5 - 10 friends, blasting it on Facebook and everywhere else to create more detractors for your business or a good opportunity to go above and beyond what any other sign person would do and make things right. Almost like the post about someone flying to a location to deliver something that someone thought was going to be late(I read this in a past post). Awesome customer service will ensure a strong steady growth.

If you would like to learn more about the net promoters score - I recommend looking into the book called "The Ultimate Question" by Fred Reicheld

Lots of businesses take on things that are not within their direct control. When Zappos first started, if you called and wanted to order a pizza they would do it for you and have it delivered to your house. The hotel i'm staying at right now will - concierge service will go across the street and buy me a shirt if I asked. The hobby shop I work at, we correct peoples mistakes all the time and most of the time we have to eat the cost of this initial issue - but we know over the course of that customers lifetime we will make it back ten fold.

Chances are, if you take John's advice - or throw in business cards or something she will be happy. Something that is cheap to you but she probably went to vista print for thinking they were going to be free - spent $40 on shipping and got some cheap sucky cards. A small way to get a foot in the door.

I don't think it's rewarding the behavior. It's proving a point. It's showing you want things to be right and that you want that good business relationship. You don't want her to bad mouth your business just as you wouldn't do to hers...which I probably wouldn't let that video go to far :)

Jane Diaz

"Joe, you stated your parents business has gone to court for bad pay from a customer."
Just so you know Gino, this is NOT his parents' business. It is OUR business. Our sons are every bit as much a partner as we are. We all share the business equally. I have good kids and I don't know where we would be without them!

Mom

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Jane, no disrespect, but Joe has been saying his 'parent's business' in just about any thread he's been involved with since day one, so I can only go on the information I'm given/told. I stand corrected, but by his Mother and not Joe. This is what I've been saying all along.

Again, no disrespect towards you, your bsuiness or Joe. There's a storyline and whatever baggage is brought is what seems to get played out. :thankyou: