• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What do you guys think??

Warlick Designs

thoughts??

Attachments

• NEW1111111112.jpg
    NEW1111111112.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 105
  • NEW11.jpg
    NEW11.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 77

TDFcustomSL

Personally, Im not feeling all the overlapping on the word NORTH. I see an 0, and I and Im not sure what else. Make the T look like a T....
Maybe move the arrow to another letter? Like the leg of the N or the H....

gritsonis

Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 2.36.04 PM.jpg

arrow goes to the N in north.

the stroke on "state" and "designs" looks way stretched, i fixed the lettering for STATE but too lazy to fix designs.

Warlick Designs

what about just removing the arrow..? and what do u not like about the "DESIGNS/SIGNS" PART?

Attachments

• 2222.jpg
    2222.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 76

Joe Diaz

It might help to give those letters some room to breath. The space around letters is about as important as the letters themselves. I'm not saying you need to design an interstate sign, but have you ever looked at one up close while you weren't speeding on by. The space between letters are almost as wide as the letters themselves. Again, I'm not saying you need to do that, but understand that their is a good reason they do this, and you can apply that knowledge to your design work. If all else fails, do the squint test and see if you can read it. Hope that helps.

J Hill Designs

if you look at the thumbnail of your mockup on the wall sign, that is how people will see it, and it is COMPLETELY unreadable

:thumb:

do away with the black box with signs and graphics if they can figure out what you do fro DeSigns, then well they are not in the market for you anyway. I like the arrow on the N. i agree more spacing too.

screener24242

I think it's beautiful, don't change a thing. here's why. If this is the BEST you can do, this is a reflection of YOUR artistic skills -then great. Go for it! Don't let anyone talk you out of it, arrow, bear, trees and all. This represents the work that northstate signs produces - and it will draw that type of clientele. and for that, the rest of us thank you.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Stop trying to be clever. You're not particularly good at it. Just state your name: "North State Designs" [or is it just "Signs" ?], 'Signs' is a far better choice by the way. If you want to mess with it you might try "Northstate Signs" or even "NorthState Signs". Maybe even add the arrow to the 'N'. Or not. But lose the affected attempt at cleverness.

Speedsterbeast

Aside from agreeing with the obvious clutter, the black box with white lettering looks like a bargain store sign, not a business that does graphic design. Simple is good, but use a little artistry

SignManiac

Stop trying to be clever. You're not particularly good at it. Just state your name: "North State Designs" [or is it just "Signs" ?], 'Signs' is a far better choice by the way. If you want to mess with it you might try "Northstate Signs" or even "NorthState Signs". Maybe even add the arrow to the 'N'. Or not. But lose the affected attempt at cleverness.
Yes, yes, and yes.

You need to recognize your limitations. I've watched you struggle on this and now am convinced you just are not cut out to be a good designer. But I would be happy for you if you can prove me wrong.

Richard G

I've been doing this for almost 25 or so years and in this whole post the one voice that i hear is Joe Dias, listen to what he says he can help you a lot down the road. Limitations are just fine but the day that you stop learning from someone who is willing and has the talent to help you is the day you better give it up. To Joe, you have a lot of wisdom for your time, please take that as a complement from an old ****.

sardocs

I know a lot of people recommend Mike Stevens Mastering Layout book on here. If you don't have a copy, go to a nearby sign shop and ask if you can read the page on Natural Layout. Memorize this page. Just that principle of layout alone will carry you through most of the design challenges you will encounter in everyday sign making. Use the formula to design a bunch thumbnails on paper first. Then pick a couple and do 'em up on your computer.