• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what do you think?

HaroldDesign

"Prototype" makes me think of a draft, and "66" makes me think of a sign. This popped in my mind. It's by no means a good design as is, but gives some merit to the name itself.

Attachments

• Proto_66.gif
    Proto_66.gif
    66.3 KB · Views: 89

prototype66

wow that is cool! yea I have to work with it and start new!I will post some ideas as soon as I can. That is an excellent example Harold, Thanks for the encouragement!
Definately need to nail down a great design and I know It will be easier with all of your input! Thanks to everyone again very much!!

Marlene

Definately need to nail down a great design and I know It will be easier with all of your input! Thanks to everyone again very much!!

yes, keep posting as it will be helpful to you. when you sell yourself as a person who does graphic design, not only does your own logo need to look like you know what you are doing but you need to know why you did what you did so you can sell it. I asked you why and what I got was it was bold and the colors looked good together. wrong answer totally for a designer. if you had come back and said that you picked the font as it looked futuristic and 21st century. that you did it in black on white as you wanted the contrast to be sharp and that you added the yellow and red as it gave it a sense of excitment, I would have said that is sucked but at least you had a plan and an idea that you were supporting. go into the search and find threads by Jon Aston. he posts some of the best links ever when it comes to graphic design. read them and the designer's reasons for them as they will be a big help.

prototype66

Ill check his stuff out Marlene. When I designed this three years ago I just liked the way it looked and I was shooting for a more techy automotive theme. Personally I dont think it sucks for what I used it for but it isnt a great design for what I plan to use it for now. Back then is had a different purpose all together and now I need to apply a different design to express the company vs a signature on websites. The two don't change over well at all . I Played around with a couple designs last night but nothing really seemed to click. I will get a couple designs up as soon as I find a look that works well. I do appreciate your honesty , it's much better than the "good job" for something that fails miserably!

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Personally I dont think it sucks...

If you are asking... um... I don't like saying things suck, a thought provoking answer might be, it's not communicating "quality" design or a matured sense of visual and conceptual thought, it's not clever, funny, or techy. Just mismatched, unbalanced type with decorative elements slapped on.

While conceptualizing, I go into a mode where I am not the unkept, fat slob I am in real life, I am a Mr Design Bulge in my hidden lair, King Chicken Wing... whatever I need to do to get past myself.

Start thinking in terms of how you want to present yourself... not you in particular, but the you that sells good design.

If it were me, and I had a cute name, I would experiment, using images you may not like, but expresses what you want to say...

I played with it to show you... it's not a work of art, I would not use it... but I do this stuff all the time to get the creative juices flowing.

Attachments

• proto-66.jpg
    proto-66.jpg
    653 KB · Views: 68
  • proto-66 blue print.jpg
    proto-66 blue print.jpg
    730.4 KB · Views: 84

prototype66

That is really cool Rick! I guess I need more work on it. I just have a harder time doing stuff for myself more than working with someone else trying to find what they want. I do appreciate the candor and help from all of you.
Still trying to figure it out but I will post some ideas once I get some I like!

Colin

O/P: You've got TWO graphic elements/bells/whistles/yoo-hoos in your logo. Stick to one only.

Marlene

nice job Rick! you took the concept and gave it a reason to be. the design makes sense with the name, it is interesting and makes a person want to have the person who did this come up with something for them.

prototype66

nice job Rick! you took the concept and gave it a reason to be. the design makes sense with the name, it is interesting and makes a person want to have the person who did this come up with something for them.
Good call! I didn't forget about it . Still trying to come up with something I am happy with.