• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What do you wear to work?

Fatboy

What is appropriate clothes to wear to a sign shop.Do you guys have uniforms or do you dress smart? Longs or shorts? Lets hear it from the guys and girls?

Circleville Signs

I wear whatever is comfortable. The company I worked for before going out on my own this time had a very strict dress code. I swore that I'd never be subject to that again.

joeshaul

Generally t-shirt and jeans. I wish I could get away with wearing shorts more, but I think I look a bit too ridiculous in em, even though I prefer them. If I get really cold (shop is 40 degrees or lower) I'll toss on a sweatshirt in the winter.

My t-shirts and sweatshirts generally have my logo on the front with name, and an advertising blurb on the back, and I rarely wear anything else, free advertisement!

Marlene

it depends on what I'm doing that day. if I have to meet with people, I try to look better than a day when I am painting or some other messy job. mostly casual dress around here. our road guys where tee-shirt & hats or long sleeve shirts with our company name on them.

Flame

I have my own casual wear, so wear my brand of shirt, and just shorts or jeans. Sorry you don't feel comfy in shorts Joe...I'm told I look hot in em ;)

Pat Whatley

Shorts unless it's below freezing outside. Shop polo shirts or t-shirt depending on what's clean. It's casual but clean and new....I won't wear paint covered shirts unless I'm painting.

I do have two long sleeve "professional" shirts with the embroidered shop logo, khaki pants, and dress shoes hanging in the office to change into for the rare occassion I need to dress up for a meeting.

Now....once we expand the new staff will be required to wear long pants and shop dress shirts everyday.

Jillbeans

Me too.
PJs when I can get away with it.
Dress up for estimates & deliveries.
Paint clothes for wall jobs so I look artsy.
I try to dress for the role of the day.
No matter what I wear I end up with paint or the odd vinyl letter stuck to me.
Love....Jill

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Shorts and t shirts in the summer, jeans and t shirts in the winter. I wear want I want to wear, not want anyone else might expect me to wear. I want people to be impressed with my work, not with my wardrobe. If that bothers some client or another then they'll be bothered.

showcase 66

Pants or shorts and usually an Embroidered polo. Now that hunting season is near, I pull out the camo polo's. I dont hunt, but when I am out and about or doing an stall, I get a lot of people who come up to me that hunt wanting to know if I can wrap their quad or rhino. Sounds weird but it seems like it attracts that type of person.

CheapVehicleWrap

Fatboy, keep in mind that what most of us here wear may differ from what one would in South Africa. It's in the Low 50's and raining this week in New Jersey. Very soon, layers will be needed. I'm all for the logo'd apparel, just haven't gotten around to it yet. Right now I dress casual.

Bigdawg

Just Me
This Florida gal wears jeans and whatever shirt I happen to grab. Sometimes its a tank top and sometimes I grab a shirt that almost looks perfessional...

I always say you get what I am. If I have to dress up... it's gonna cost you extra. If I have to put on nylons????? You are sooooo paying out the a$$......

FatCat

If I have to dress up... it's gonna cost you extra. If I have to put on nylons????? You are sooooo paying out the a$$......

ROFLMAO!!!!:ROFLMAO:

For me, an embroidered polo or t-shirt and shorts/jeans as determined by the weather.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I usually wear long pants and a shirt.

We had shirts and sweat shirts for the guys years ago, but in no time they looked terrible and were not looking good for customers. Our rule is nothing that will intimidate or be in bad taste in anyone's world. The same goes for the music in the shop. Nothing too far right or left and no Howard Stern.