• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what do you wear?

How do you dress when selling?

• Professional - suit

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Business casual

Votes: 43 29.3%
  • Shop uniform

Votes: 9 6.1%
  • Jeans and nice shirt

Votes: 48 32.7%
  • Shorts and a tshirt

Votes: 40 27.2%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.7%

• Total voters

Tim Aucoin

Here in Canada we generally wear a good pair of muck lucks and a parka! :ROFLMAO:

But seriously... here in Calgary, everybody seems so much more laid back. The suit and tie seems to be a thing of the past. Most business people here are dressed smart casual. We don't do cold calls, so we don't necessarily dress to impress, but we don't dress trashy either! My business partner usually wears nice polo/golf pants and a collared shirt. I generally wear nice jeans and a collared shirt. If I plan on going golfing, I'll wear a pair of my casual golf pants or shorts with a collared shirt.

FS-Keith

when im out running trucks its jeans and safety yellow t with company info ect, around the shop either gray company t or company collard shirt

GypsyGraphics

I always try to look like the "artist type" when selling sign work. Gives them the impression that they should butt out and let me take control of the design concept.

"artist type" is usually a safe bet... but i do consider who i'm meeting with. if i'm meeting with a board of stuffed shirts, i go more businessy. but for the most part it's "fancy pants" fitted shirt and funky jewelry.

the last board i had to meet with was just a few weeks ago... worst meeting i've ever had!
i was asked to come by the board president, to discus their ridiculous sign criteria. i had to quickly (and without being noticed) change into my "BIG BOY PANTS" to duke it out with a big bully, with a big voice. unfortunately the rest of the board were all wearing their "yssup pants" so i also had to wear my most convincing "FU FACE." it was actually pretty fun... but i don't think i'll be invited back anytime soon. :tongue:

Replicator

I wear Jeans or shorts and a tee-shirt . . .

I don't work in a suit, so I don't represent myself as a non-working owner.

Casual attire works great for me !