• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What does your shop smell like?

artsnletters

I used to have a Korean sweatshop seamstress(es) next door...they use to make some stinky concoction, maybe some fish head soup or something, Anyway. that noxious smell would waft under and thru the walls.....stink up my shop to high heaven. This shit reaked. I still don't think i've ever smelled any thing one eats that was as bad!
Not to mention they would park in front of my roll up door and block my access, even with 6" No Parking letters and violators will be crushed on it....acted as though they didn't speak english, until i went over there with a hammer and said i'm breaking out this window and moving this car unless it's moved in 30 seconds. Wow...better than Rosetta Stone....instant Ingles! First chance i got i moved to a different building and lived happily ever after. Rant over.
Tim

TheSnowman

I have never had anyone say it smelled like anything but ink until last week. A lady came in and said that it smelled like the stuff that they threw on top of puke when kids ralphed on the bus, or at school. I was like...well, that's a new one.

Right now it smells like feet and cigarettes because I am the only one here today and I own the place so if I want to kick off my shoes with my feet on the desk and have a smoke after lunch so be it...
Most days it smells like solvents:thumb:

Steve C.

I used to have a Korean sweatshop seamstress(es) next door...they use to make some stinky concoction, maybe some fish head soup or something, Anyway. that noxious smell would waft under and thru the walls.....stink up my shop to high heaven. This shit reaked. I still don't think i've ever smelled any thing one eats that was as bad!
Not to mention they would park in front of my roll up door and block my access, even with 6" No Parking letters and violators will be crushed on it....acted as though they didn't speak english, until i went over there with a hammer and said i'm breaking out this window and moving this car unless it's moved in 30 seconds. Wow...better than Rosetta Stone....instant Ingles! First chance i got i moved to a different building and lived happily ever after. Rant over.
Tim

Kimchi. It's a Korean dish made form fermented cabbage I think. When I was
discharged form the Army, I worked for a while on a trailer camper assembly
line. There where lots of Koreans working there and they brought that stuff
for lunch every day...Bad, Bad smell.

Tim Aucoin

Nowadays it smells like vinyl and whatever the staff are cooking in the microwave! Sure beats the "old days" (a year ago) when the offset press was run daily.. :omg: Took months for the ink and press-wash smell to be gone!

RebeckaR

Smells like the apple pie candle that's sitting on the candle warmer.
In a few minutes it's going to smell like hamburgers on the grill, cuz I'm gonna throw some burger on the George.

Some days it smells like car exhaust from the garage behind me. Yeah... pretty awesome.

GypsyGraphics

my office smells like Apples ;)
Apple.gif

cgsigns_jamie

Waste Water Treatment Plant.... Located right behind our shop... We like it when the wind blows to the south to keep the smell at bay. Unfortunately that doesn't happen too often.

B-RAD Graphics

:omg2:..that is some funny stuff...Smells like money to me when the solvents are in the air...funny my GF always says my clothes even smell like it.:Big Laugh

BobM

Cleaning off acrylic panels, smells like Rapid Remove, Rapid Tac and brake fluid on the painted portions.

mark in tx

Smells like;
Solvent ink
Controltac (it smells, don't argue with me)
Rapid Remover
cigarettes
dog
whatever cheap scented candles we got from the dollar store.
Work gets done here.

You really should have been here the day the fart fan in the bathroom died. I swore I was gonna shove a febreze bottle up Jeffs' backside.

gabagoo

For the most part my shop has the typical smells of vinyl and solvent. occassionaly it will reek to high hell if I bring in a diesel truck. Some times I pick up odours in the air and it drives me crazy as to where they are coming from, but can never really trace them. i think the rooftop a/c heating can bring in some stink from outside occassionaly. To put it simply....varment poontang

Last edited:

Patrick46

Most of the time my shop smells like a combination of diesel, solvent, and turps. My kids always tell me these smells remind them of my shop...(in a fond memory kinda way).

but right next door to my place, is a bar/restaurant that has an outside barbeque' pit. About 11:00 every morning, they get it warmed up for the business lunch crowd that always comes in...and once they get that thing warmed up, those smells come wafting over to my shop. Gawd...it's so good smelling that my mouth just waters!! :omg: :tongue: :tongue:

(if I ever hold a panel jam/or letterhead meet there, you'll smell what I mean!!)

fmg

A tipped over gallon of frog juice that happened about a month ago on a carpet in the shop and now the stench will not go!