• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What happened to Sign Warehouse?

phototec

What happened to Sign Warehouse?

I have bee purchasing products from Sign Warehouse since 2001 when I purchased my first Graphtec cutter from them, over the years the service has been getting progressively worse.

My last couple of orders have been really messed up, ordered and paid for a 50 yard roll of matte black vinyl and they sent me a 5 yard roll, no come on there is a BIG difference between the two rolls in size and weight.

They are located 120 miles north of me and for over 10 years orders placed by 4:00 pm were shipped out that day by UPS and I would get it the next day. my last three orders have taken 4-5 days to arrive, and my latest order placed last Thursday I didn't receive it until Monday and it came by USPS, this is the first time ever using the post office.

I ordered a 60° cutting blade along with two small rolls of pink vinyl, one for heat transfer, and when I opened the box there was NO blade, called SW and they person who answered the phone said they sometimes put the blade inside the vinyl core, I checked both rolls and there was NO blade. I called and emailed customer support on Monday and have NOT head a reply from either. Yesterday I called again and asked to speak with a member of management, I was transfer to someone and received voice mail, so I left a message to call me, 24 hours later still nothing.

Anyone else experiencing this kind of horrible customer service from Sign Warehouse? :omg:

Mainframe

Is there an Nglantz near enough to you for you to use? If so, switch and don't look back you will be glad you did.

SmokinGunz

Yep my last few and final orders were completely messed up. Not to mention yes we have everything in stock and when the order arrives oh that was backordered two weeks. They put me in a real bind with no apology f off or anything.

fresh

I'm pretty sure that is who sent me expired ink... I normally get ink from somewhere else, but they were out of the color we needed. I think we were going to need two other colors soon, so I ordered all three at the same time. The one I really needed was fresh, but a week or two later when we went to install the other color, it was expired.

Luckily I called them, and they overnighted us unexpired ink. A bit of a hassle, but they fixed the problem promptly.

JBarraxSW

Hello Phototec,
I'm sorry about the inconvenience with your last order. If you'll PM me with your phone number, or order number, I'll get it sorted out for you. We have added USPS as a shipping option as part of our (sorta) new $6.99 Flat Rate shipping program, but of course, if you'd rather have your orders sent conventionally via standard UPS or Fedex service, that's an option.
Just let us know your preference.
THANKS for your business!

d fleming

I used them once many years ago and the product and service were bad enough that I have never rang their phone again.

klingsdesigns

I have nothing but troubles from them every time i order. I only order about 1 or 2 times a year if i cant find what i need somewhere else.

Bigcat_hunter

I order there probably once a week for going on about three years. Iv'e had nothing but stellar customer service from them.

Dennis422

I almost bought Graphtec FC8600-130 from them.
Towards the end of deal, I did not like the few things I heard so I went with Grimco because their office is 30 miles away from me.
When I told the rep I will buy from Grimco I did not hear back from her at all, not even "let me know if you need anything else from SW". The conversation was just DONE.
I'm glad I went with Grimco, they are more than helpful. But sometimes I wish they will stop calling every week asking if I need something :)

sc93lx

I have a very similar issue a month ago. The shipping has gotten terribly slower (despite still being the same shipping company) and orders are taking 2 full days just to be fulfilled.

I was missing an item from an order and they claimed it was backordered but somehow it was able to be shipped the next day. I asked for expedited shipping since I needed the item for a promised order deadline and I couldn't wait another week- she told me that FedEx ground is expedited. I told them I was disappointed in the way the issue was handled and that orders are taking twice as long to get. Only response I got was your order will ship tomorrow. So, I'm now ordering from Grimco, Fellers, and USCutter depending on my needs. If I order from Grimco at midnight it will still be delivered the next morning- but they have local daily delivery on their truck to my area. I have never been disappointed by Grimco- I wish they were an Oracal dealer.

I said my peace with Sign Warehouse and I would not longer be their customer- no response. They were my go-to for 3 years and over one order, they lost my business permanently.

I guess I wasn't alone...

Bigcat_hunter

Either you are really lucky or I have horrible luck.

I can recall exactly two orders that were either missing an item or contained the wrong item. Thats it. Maybe it comes down to the sales person doing a bad job. I use the same lady every time and she does a great job. Most of the time I just leave a voicemail to her extension and I'll get and email a couple hours later with an invoice and tracking number.

It just baffles me that there are so many people that talk trash about SW when i have had such good service. You can't make everyone happy I guess.

phototec

I emailed them and called and left messages on Monday, no reply till Wednesday. Then their customer service person "Taffy" said she would ship the missing blade by FedEx Wednesday afternoon so I would get it on Thursday (yesterday).

Guess what I got yesterday?

NOTHING!

No FedEx, NO UPS, NO USPS, Natta.

I guess there word is not any better than their service.

I placed an order with US CUTTER a week ago Thursday, the same day I placed the order with SW, and the US CUTTER order was delivered in just a few days, and they are not 120 miles from me as Sign Warehouse is.

I'm still bothered by the fact that I ordered and paid for a 50 yard roll of vinyl and they shipped a 5 yard roll, what kind of people do they have working in the shipping department, that either can't read an order form od don't know the difference between products?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hello Phototec,
I'm sorry about the inconvenience with your last order. If you'll PM me with your phone number, or order number, I'll get it sorted out for you. We have added USPS as a shipping option as part of our (sorta) new $6.99 Flat Rate shipping program, but of course, if you'd rather have your orders sent conventionally via standard UPS or Fedex service, that's an option.
Just let us know your preference.
THANKS for your business!

I emailed them and called and left messages on Monday, no reply till Wednesday. Then their customer service person "Taffy" said she would ship the missing blade by FedEx Wednesday afternoon so I would get it on Thursday (yesterday).

Guess what I got yesterday?

NOTHING!

No FedEx, NO UPS, NO USPS, Natta.

I guess there word is not any better than their service.

I placed an order with US CUTTER a week ago Thursday, the same day I placed the order with SW, and the US CUTTER order was delivered in just a few days, and they are not 120 miles from me as Sign Warehouse is.

I'm still bothered by the fact that I ordered and paid for a 50 yard roll of vinyl and they shipped a 5 yard roll, what kind of people do they have working in the shipping department, that either can't read an order form od don't know the difference between products?

Did you take this guy's reply and try it ?? Perhaps, you are indeed talking to a bunch of morons, but this guy seems like he can can get it done for you. If the same people keep doing the same things, then maybe you should try a different avenue.

I'm not saying to stay or go elsewhere, but why not give the s101 member a chance ??

phototec

Did you take this guy's reply and try it ?? Perhaps, you are indeed talking to a bunch of morons, but this guy seems like he can can get it done for you. If the same people keep doing the same things, then maybe you should try a different avenue.

I'm not saying to stay or go elsewhere, but why not give the s101 member a chance ??

Yes, Gino, I did communicate with Jerry (SW Product Manager), he said he would look into it, then Taffy the Customer Service Manager called me, I'm pretty sure they spoke with each other as they are both at the same location. Taffy apologized and said she would ship out them missing blade that afternoon and I should receive it by FedEx the next day (they are located 120 miles north of me on IH35), anyway, I did NOT receive the item as she said.

DO WHAT YOU SAY AND SAY WHAT YOU MEAN!

I try to purchase as local as I can (Texas business), however their bad customer service is effecting my business, so I will have to move on as you suggest. US Cutter has NEVER let me down and their flat rate shipping is ONLY $3 more and typically takes 2-3 days.

I purchased my FIRST cutter from SW in 2001 and for over ten years I received FREE OVERNIGHT shipping from them, it was great. Ordered by 4:00pm and they would ship by UPS, and it would be delivered the NEXT work day. The Promo for FREE shipping on was based on the purchase of the Graphtec cutter, FREE shipping on vinyl for the life of the cutter, well they didn't honor that promises either.

JBarraxSW

Phototec,
your blade was shipped Thursday Fedex Home Delivery. It will be at your location tomorrow. Why it didn't get out Wednesday, I don't know. I did talk to Taffy about it and she took it from there.
But we didn't fix this right.
So, if you'll check your PM inbox, you'll see that I've offered to send you a free roll of heat transfer film as an apology for the inconvenience because you should have your stuff by now.
Please PM me and let me know what color you'd like.
Or, since you're blasting us on the forum, you can just let me know here :)
Regardless, we'll ship it today. I'll pull it from the shelf myself and make sure it's sent.
Again, my apologies for the mix-up.

Jackpine

SW customer service and Jerry Barrax

Jerry Barrax does get things done. I bought my first Mutoh from him when he was at SSK and my current one from SW. I personally have not had any problems that was not worked out quickly. Their new shipping fee is a good thing.