• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what is it worth

halfbaked

I am looking at purchaseing a used roland sp540 and some programming. What programming do you recomend and what do you think I should pay for the program and the printer? Is that a good machine?
Thanks

halfbaked

I have a friend who has a sign company that wants to sell it to me. Roland sp540 printer and lots of artwork and software to run the printer. He wants 15k for it. I think it is a little steap. He also has established clients that I could use for future sales. It is a small town.
He has $troubles. He wants to come work for me. He wants 50% of gross. (sales-cogs) I know nothing about the sign business. He makes awnings and channel letters. Says would sign a non compete.

Any thoughts on above would be appreciated advise on prices and 50 %commission.

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sounds to me, you have someone in trouble looking to you to back their butt out of the fire.

Books, clients lists and heart to heart talks is what you need the most right now. None of that stuff is worth a dime to you, if you can't use it.... and by what you're saying already.... your friend is having trouble using it so why buy into an already problematic situation ??

Is your friend a member here ??

tomence

The machine itself is around 11k-12k including versaworks that is the rip software that comes with the printer. Around me there is 3 Roland dealers and they sell refurbished Rolands sp540 for 11k including some warranty. Now i would rather buy from them than a person selling it who has troubles making any money with it. It is a great printer to start with and it is better if you buy it for yourself, learn how to use it and make good money without splitting with anyone.

GypsyGraphics

I have a friend who has a sign company that wants to sell it to me. Roland sp540 printer and lots of artwork and software to run the printer. He wants 15k for it. I think it is a little steap. He also has established clients that I could use for future sales. It is a small town.
He has $troubles. He wants to come work for me. He wants 50% of gross. (sales-cogs) I know nothing about the sign business. He makes awnings and channel letters. Says would sign a non compete.

Any thoughts on above would be appreciated advise on prices and %commission.

Is your friend a member here ??
I outsource my printing, so I really have no business posting here... but this thread just got very interesting!
:popcorn:

GypsyGraphics

By the way, love your choice of names... halfbaked! :ROFLMAO:

Sounds like you need a little more time in the oven just to get to halfbaked, more à propos might have been rawdough.
Not that there's anything wrong with that... in fact i love raw cookie dough.

Come to think of it... maybe your friend does too.... i think he's about to gobble you up.

I really should wait to find out if your friend is a remember here before posting this.... but the submit button is right there.... i can see it and i like pushing buttons. naaa i can resist, and be patient.

halfbaked

Gypsy Graphics Queen of Her Own Destiny. WOW! That is prolific! Is that like master of your own domain.

Last edited:

halfbaked

I can't stop pushing that button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Help I can't stop:bushmill: YUP half baked

Last edited:

halfbaked

I don't know anything about the printers. I can fix most things with a little talking to.... I know things can go wrong wih printers and they get expensive. How costly are we talking about??? $200-$300 or 1k-3k??

GypsyGraphics

Gypsy Graphics Queen of Her Own Destiny. WOW! That is prolific! Is that like master of your own domain.

"Queen of Her Own Destiny" that title was added by a site administrator.

master of my own domain :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
not in this lifetime ;)

and by the way, i like your name, i like that you are straight up about not having experience and i admire your enthusiasm. but i'm also worried your friend doesn't have your best interest at heart.

sorry if i sounded rude, i often forget that i'm not as funny as i think i am.

Robert M

15 K printer

Mutoh just introduced a new version of their ValuJet 1304 printer. It is their 54" printer without the take up, two year warranty and RIP for 14,995.00