• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is the goofiest thing a customer has said to/requested of you?

toucan_graphics

Goofy customers... we all get them but what is the most off the wall thing they have said to you or requested of you?

Here is a snippet from a customer communication received today regarding a branding project:

"The logo/identity should communicate to the consumer that we are a Belgian brewery, Premium, European, etc... We do not want to be branded as a Belgian brewery..."

Say WHAT? Didn't the second statement absolutely contradict the first?

player

Use imagery of Belgian culture, but do not say it in text.

It should be in the style of a Belgian brewery, but not say it.

Last edited:

MikePro

disagree. throw all the belgian imagry out the window, keep the subtext, and the logo demanging something that would appear to be the odd beer-out from these:
(look at St.Louis & Palm, and then try not to look back at them immediately while browsing over the beers as a whole)

attachment.php

added note, Delirium Tremens has it going on with the Pink Elephants. I'd want something "memorable" like that for my brand. Throwin' darts at the wall here, but how bout a Green Goldfish?

Attachments

• SS 2014-04-01 at 9.51.05 PM.png
    SS 2014-04-01 at 9.51.05 PM.png
    730.3 KB · Views: 163

gnatt66

just this week..a race car guy.

him- do you have just orange

me- you mean orange cut vinyl? yeah

him-what color orange is it?

me--*shuts off facebook messenger*

C

ColoPrinthead

I had a realtor make me skew her picture vertically to make her look thinner. I took 5 minutes pretending not to understand and scale the pic proportionally as she watched me adjust the design. Her poofball bangs looked even more ridiculous when I did finally skew her pic the way she wanted. Good times.

2B

a walk in brought in a thousand business cards, seems the other company did not put all the information onto the cards and they wanted us to print the missing 20 words onto the cards and had the specific color codes that these words had to be............

Trip59

(for the back window of a pickup) "Can ya make it look like my business card?" Sure, can you send me a picture of one? "Don't have 'em yet, Staples is still makin' them, but the font starts with an R, y'all can match that, right?"

I should have hung up... Turns out it was Rage Italic, sorry if anyone is a huge fan, but that one is on my list just after Comic Sans and just before Papyrus.

1. Can you put a sticker on my corn hole?

2. How much for "colored" signs? my response "same price as white folks"

3. Can you make it tribal?

4. I've priced it online, I can get a full wrap for $250.

~Chris

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
We had a guy have us letter the doors on his white van with white lettering. This was to comply with the requirements of many gated communities, where he had customers, that commercial vehicles be identified. He preferred not to have anything.

TheSnowman

Customer walks in: "How can you remove this adhesive off of my van"...then his phone rings. He ends up taking a TWENTY MINUTE phone call, steps outside a few minutes in, and is literally staring at my "no public restrooms" sign for 15 minutes. Walks in says..."I need to use your restroom"...then I give in because he plays the "I know all your family, and they would let me" game, proceeds to walk out and say "I'll give you a call sometime"...and we never once talked about anything else. Sadly...probably 2% of my day is played fielding walk in "customers" (that never buy anything) from my restroom. I don't get it.

Marlene

We had a guy have us letter the doors on his white van with white lettering. This was to comply with the requirements of many gated communities, where he had customers, that commercial vehicles be identified. He preferred not to have anything.

you win :clapping:

Mosh

•"make my unit number look like Cannon Balls, you know with fuses on them" so a bomb not a cannon ball?
•"Can we add bull horns to this design?" Sub-contractor trucker for Cargill, didn't think they would mind adding to their logo.
•"your magnetic car signs won't stick to my van's window" You can't make this stuff up.....

As for corn hole boards, I have done 100's of those, so don't find it odd....corn hole....

d fleming

Hey man, the guy next door is closed, can you help me out with some spice?

Turns out the idiot that ran the convenience store next to us for a while was some kind of drug dealer. He's gone now.:cool:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
  • Where are the soft pretzels ?? I thought you sold soft pretzels ?? Where are they....... and he started walking through the shop.
  • Can I have those signs later today if I stop back after lunch ??
  • You want how much to letter my mail box ?? It's only a few numbers... even I could do that. Go right ahead..... and here's a magic marker on the house for ya.
  • How much will a sign cost for my business ?? What kinda sign ?? I'm not sure yet, that depends on your prices. :rolleyes:
  • Can you letter my truck ?? Yep.
  • Where are you located ?? Give address and directions and then silence on the other end. Then a little voice questions......what state am I calling ??

Probably the best one to date was.......
What's that smell ??
What smell ??
That horrible smell that's starting to make my eyes burn.
We walk around and she says, it's getting worse. Oh God, it's paint. You have paint in here.
Lady, it's a paint shop. We paint signs for a living.
She runs out all p!ssed off because none of the other sign shops stank like ours.

:covereyes:

Goofy customers... we all get them but what is the most off the wall thing they have said to you or requested of you?

Here is a snippet from a customer communication received today regarding a branding project:

"The logo/identity should communicate to the consumer that we are a Belgian brewery, Premium, European, etc... We do not want to be branded as a Belgian brewery..."

Say WHAT? Didn't the second statement absolutely contradict the first?

As in not Branded as a traditional Monestary Brewery. They want to Be like Stella, not Westmalle, Westvleteren, etc.