• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what is the roland 600 good for?

steriltech

Hi all
I'm thinking of doing some color stuff I have a roland CX500 for just cutting. I'm ready to trade my sweet motorcyle for a Roland 600 color cutter. What is this machine limited to I mean can I use just for color decals? Has anyone used it or still using it? could you give me any adivce?

Thanks...:thankyou:

Flame

I wouldn't do it personally. It costs a small fortune to print (my retail price on eco-sol prints will be your COST for these thermal prints), is slow, breaks easily and hard to get parts for.

I'd save up for a better piece of machinery, personally.

steriltech

I have over $5000 tied up in it. Don't mind swaping it for a color machine cause I have a back up bike. you say its getting old? would it be smart to get one???

Flame

I have over $5000 tied up in it. Don't mind swaping it for a color machine cause I have a back up bike. you say its getting old? would it be smart to get one???

No it would not be. Do a search here on 101 for this machine. It is in no way worth $5K. For only $9K you could find a nice used eco-sol printer that will blow that machine away tenfold.

woolly

i still run a pc60 cos it does things my soljet wont, but as a only colour printer and general use 5000 better put down on a verrsacamm.

woolly

high impact

It's by far not a boat anchor.

I have owned pc-60 and pc-600's before and they are great for non-laminated short run smaller decals...especially spot colors. They are not as bad as some people claim and the learning curve is much easier than an ink jet. However, there are limitations and they can be a bit costly to run. But they also do some things that ink jets don't. Such as print white and metallics. I'm sorry I sold mine shortly after getting into the ink jet market.

For a two or three thousand dollar investment, if the head is good, I wouldn't be afraid of it, but if it cost me any more than that I'd hold off and save for an ink jet. It is NOT worth 5K. You can pick up a nice used versacamm for approx 7-8K and print for pennies on the dollar but would have to laminate as well.

Good luck with your decision!