• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is with all the cheap vinyl hitting the market??

MGraphics

Everyday I get and email or soemone drops by to show me the new line of printable vinyl that they are carrying that is way cheaper and just as good as the premium stuff..... what gives???

Techman

Unloading surplus materials. Most of which is about the same in my opinion.

I use encad printers
Just for a test because I found some material that was very low priced. $20 bux a roll in fact.

I ordered cannon coated paper and vinyl and it prints just as nice as the encad materials.
I also ordered unbranded coated paper and vinyl and it prints beautiful. I have some here that prints so well that I am trying to find the name and supplier to get more.

Material prices for my printer are so low now that I experiment and find some really good deals.

OldPaint

because there is a market for it? with printers now selling to the public for $2-3 sq ft.........ink and printer prices havent gotten less..........soooooooooo lets make it up on printable material))))))))))

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Pretty much what techman said. I picked up 15 rolls of glossy stock heavy bond paper for $28 bucks for my HP aqueous just because he was unloading the stock, stuff is great for poster prints that are going in a flex frame. and I still have a few rolls left after 2 years. I even picked up a few rolls of poly laminate back in the day for a song and a dance because they were nearing the end of their shelf life ... ended up using them for non flooring uses because I loved the pebble finish for certain things. also, danged if a lot of salesman only keep their job if they move product ... so if they sell it at cost to keep their job ... yeah ... it happens.

Letterbox Mike

Like OldPaint said, because there's a market for it. It's the manufacturer's response to more and more people wanting cheaper temporary signage, partly due to the poor economic climate and partly due to the proliferation of increasingly more affordable digital equipment in the industry.