• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what material/brand is this??

CMYKprnt

I am looking for this exact material - can you shed some light as to what it is? It prints two sides. Looks like it is 14mil with liner- See photos below.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Backer 1.png
    Backer 1.png
    148.5 KB · Views: 112
  • micrometer.png
    micrometer.png
    117.8 KB · Views: 93

CMYKprnt

could be any of a large number of materials....

I guess I have never seen the blue liner - must just be a 13 mil vinyl/pvc/poly (?) that is semi rigid with adhesive on one side? Maybe the question should be does anyone know where I can purchase this or a similar product

I'm confused. Where is there a blue liner? Aren't both the examples in the picture finished products? :peace!:

Does it bend? Snap? Roll? Crack? It's really hard to tell what that is from those pictures.

Both pictures are of the same sign. The second picture has a transparent liner resting on top of the sign. I agree not very good pictures, but I got it. Don't know what it is but at least I could help someone distinguish the question.

J Hill Designs

now Im confused. I dont even see a sign...I see a (first image) corner of a decal, and (second image) a different decal in a micrometer

I got it.

Reversed printed image + flood coat + right reading image, printed on .010" clear 8010 lexan with the liner left on?

I've never seen it with a blue liner but that has to be it. The other 4mil is ink.

Do I win a :corndog:?

No but you do win a new :wavingflag: Congratulations. What are you going to do now that you won?

CMYKprnt

I got it.

Reversed printed image + flood coat + right reading image, printed on .010" clear 8010 lexan with the liner left on?

I've never seen it with a blue liner but that has to be it. The other 4mil is ink.

Do I win a :corndog:?

I apologize to all for making this confusing. You are looking at a portion of a Window Decal that goes on a front door. Trying to keep the name of my customer off of the photo for privacy reasons. The

size of the decal is 12X12
Blue Liner
It was run on a flatbed UV printer
it feels similar in rigidity similar to that of a business card or cover stock (8.5x11 sheet)
So Pat - What you said sounds good but I would need another person to confirm that you are the winner because I have no idea ..lol

OH WAIT THE MATERIAL IS NOT CLEAR IT IS WHITE

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    61.9 KB · Views: 94
  • bends.png
    bends.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 83
I already have a flag. :Canada 2:

Why don't us Canucks get a 3D flag waving in the wind too? :covereyes:

Thats why I said a "NEW" flag. It's improved it waves and everything. The Canadian dollar is down so we couldn't afford the waving version of the canadian flag. At least you get a gun to pump it for you, mexico gets nothing except a flag. :mexico:

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
What is the application? There are a few different ways on how you can reproduce it depending on how its being used.

CMYKprnt

What is the application? There are a few different ways on how you can reproduce it depending on how its being used.

Thank you for your interest. It is going on stainless steel - currently it is used on the entrance of the restaurant so the customer can see a message coming and going. They like the thickness of it and they want us to contour cut it and stick it to stainless steel.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
If the material is white with a blue plastic "liner", my guess is thin acrylic. Extruded acrylic almost always has a plastic protective sheet which is often blue.

jfiscus

Rap Master
If it is a thin poly(?) sheet, it could be printed double-sided and then a 2-sided adhesive applied after that. The adhesive would be the part with the blue liner.
You can also print on clear vinyl and laminate it with a printed (white adhesive) vinyl.
Contour cutting seems like it might be a pain for this type of application.