• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What method are you using to drive your PCut?

What method are you using to drive your PCut? (Serial / HPGL / DMPL / USB )?

• Serial

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • HPGL

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • DMPL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • USB

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rod

Hi all,

SignLab has supported the PCut for a while now, though the current support is limited to serial, HPGL and DMPL modes. Providing USB support has been complicated by the variation in PCut machines. For those of you that have a PCut, I would ask your help in providing a snapshot of the USB support that was provided with your PCut.

Send all materials to techwww@cadlink.com and indicate "ATTN: Rod" in the Subject line. If there are any coders out there that would like to be included with the materials that I receive, then please let me know where I can e-mail you.

1. Now, if your PCut came with a driver install on CD, then did it have a USB device-driver included on the CD?
  2. If the CD includes a USB device driver, then please browse the CD and locate an INF file. Please e-mail the INF file to me. If you need help with this, then please e-mail me.
  3. In addition, if you have installed the USB driver, then please use START MENU >> RUN >> REGEDIT, and then export the USB and/or USBPRINTER sections, located as follows:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
>> SYSTEM
>>>> CURRENTCONTROLSET
>>>>>> ENUM
>>>>>>>>> USB
>>>>> and/or USBPRINTER

Please e-mail the exported registry settings to me.

Regards,

Rod at CADlink

Ken

Hello Rod...

Check out new member zenith13..has USB connection to the P-Cut.
Ken

zenith13

Hi,
It seems the driver for PCut is a generic FTDI driver. FTDI makes chips that convert USB to serial COM port. I'll send you some info & files tonight.

Cheers,
zenith13