• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What name should we use?

Singular or plural?

• Friedsticker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friedstickers

Votes: 8 100.0%

• Total voters

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Can someone (preferably the OP) explain what a friedsticker is or friedstickers are ?? Is this an animal, vegetable, or mineral ??

Boudica

I'm here for Educational Purposes
Can someone (preferably the OP) explain what a friedsticker is or friedstickers are ?? Is this an animal, vegetable, or mineral ??
Fried is slang for drunk or inebriated so... drunken stickers? maybe they are alcohol related stickers

ETA, I found another one relating to Fried being a name:
Fried is a short, sweet, delightful name choice to encourage your little one's tranquil spirit. With its German and Yiddish roots, this masculine name translates to “peace,” giving it a harmonious tone to match your bundle of joy.

JBurton

Signtologist
I'm assuming it's a step beyond uv cured, wherein the ink is actually a batter of sorts, applied to a non-vinyl type film, and then deep fried to emboss the batter.

Stacey K

I like making signs
15 years ago I started an online store called Crazy Eddie's Race Car Decals. No idea who Eddie is, or if he was crazy or not. Just popped into my head and it did quite well! :roflmao: I stopped it when I got divorced so you won't find it online anymore.

Boudica

What did you think it was? Surely it's not some sort of fun name like bob suggested avoiding. God forbid fried stickers enter the lexicon alongside something as preposterous as the google.
Is ink batter really a thing, and you cure it by frying it?

Boudica

15 years ago I started an online store called Crazy Eddie's Race Car Decals. No idea who Eddie is, or if he was crazy or not. Just popped into my head and it did quite well! :roflmao: I stopped it when I got divorced so you won't find it online anymore.
I have a customer I make banners for: "Cliffs Good Corndogs"... there is no Cliff, it's a joke because he thinks the name is funny. They do make good hand dipped corndogs, and their deep fried mushrooms are amazing.

Isn't Crazy Eddie in the game Plant's VS Zombies?

JBurton

Signtologist
No idea who Eddie is
1723134651444.png

What? 7,500 commercials?
it's a joke because he thinks the name is funny
What am I missing? Did his signs read 'come see cliff dangling dogs in batter' or something?

Boudica

You're blonde roots are showing...
That's not fair.... There is a lot I don't know. It could be a thing? I read about a lot of things on here that I swear are just made up until I investigate and find out it's a real thing.
What am I missing? Did his signs read 'come see cliff dangling dogs in batter' or something?
I didn't say I thought it was funny.... He thinks it's funny.
1723137651229.png

JBurton

Signtologist
Dang it Burton, now I wanna try and convert my FDM printer lol
Full disclosure, I've never done it, but it sure seems simple enough. May want to start with something that's more like a filament already, like twizzlers pull-n-peel, though I couldn't say if a direct drive or bowden would work better.
Also, at $1,500, plus assembly of additional 3d printed parts, I think I'd be better off cnc cutting tapered molds.

Russm62

We are going to start a sticker company and wondering if we should go for the brand name in singular or plural? What is your opinion?

1 friedsticker
2 friedstickers
Not crazy about it, sounds a bit infintile
Puts in to mind a hifbschool kid in his basement trying to be cool with the name.

Dont see the hype with this one, lasting long.
Take a bit and live with it, dont go full note out of the gate.

denniswa

Haha i dont even know what it is - just a made up name, something that does not exist. But when I do think of friedstickers, i do think of fried food. And therefore we use a chicken in our logo

denniswa

Not crazy about it, sounds a bit infintile
Puts in to mind a hifbschool kid in his basement trying to be cool with the name.

Dont see the hype with this one, lasting long.
Take a bit and live with it, dont go full note out of the gate.
It was never meant to be, just a little more different name that people maybe put on their mind because they get an reaction like - what the fuck is friedstickers? And in best case they decide to look it up

Last edited: