• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions What plotter is best?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Any advice you can give to try getting the countour cut to be more reliable? I spend so much time trying to get this thing to read registration marks. Drives me nuts. I'd much rather pay 1/2 the price for a Graphtec, but literally that is the one thing I constantly have issues with. I've tried messing with the settings after reading other threads and never found a solution other than try and try again. It's been great for everything but contour cutting in my experience over the last 4 years with it.
You didn't say but have you run though all the calibration - sensitivity adjustments for your cutter?
I have the poor man's CE6000 Graphtec and have had very few issues with it picking up the registration marks.
I mostly contour cut gloss IJ35c (no lam) and gloss-laminated IJ180c
I also print on colored HP vinyl (bright yellow & red), sensor hits the marks without issues.
Most common cause of a miss was not having the material loaded in square.

wayne k
guam usa

printguyjohn

The advantage of using OPOS Cam versus OPOS X is faster registration speeds(saves around 4 seconds per mark). That said, the OPOS Cam units do require a USB connection so if you would like to network the plotter I would opt for the OPOS X(non camera version) because that is capable of running on a network connection.

We have some great deals on all the different Summa models at the moment so please let me know if you might be interested in seeing some pricing. My email address is philj@airmark.com in case you have any other questions or would like to compare the different Summa models.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@airmark.com

Just wanted to chime in. AirMark is the best Summa dealer, hands down. They used to be Summa before breaking out into a separate company. Their tech team is incredible and friendly.

Also: Phil:

I have a OPOS CAM and find it to be worth it for our long roll cuts. We just run a small $75 stick computer with OpenVNC ans summa barcode server which the cutter connects to. It also has our network folder with the cut files being sent over the network. Anyone doing high volume work I think it's worth getting the OPOS CAM as the USB is not really a limitation if setup properly IMHO.

:)

d fleming

Any advice you can give to try getting the countour cut to be more reliable? I spend so much time trying to get this thing to read registration marks. Drives me nuts. I'd much rather pay 1/2 the price for a Graphtec, but literally that is the one thing I constantly have issues with. I've tried messing with the settings after reading other threads and never found a solution other than try and try again. It's been great for everything but contour cutting in my experience over the last 4 years with it.
I always use type 2 marks in all 4 corners. I rarely go past about 4 or 5 feet in length but have done so on occasion. You might try slowing the speed down also.

boxerbay

maybe your camera is bad. My FC8000 had the camera go bad. they replaced it and no more problems. we cut thousands of decals every week on the graphtec fc8000-160. lots of tiny .5x.5 decals with tight registration. keep the length down. also keep the L mark about 2" away from your print.

Jeremiah

I was looking at buying a Graphtec6000 but, I see some dealers have Terrible rating. Like us cutter, has rotten BBB rating. Sound like ripoffs from the reports. So I'm searching for something to buy.